Troubles back to back

Karthik's pov

Never in my dreams I thought my mom would become the villain of my love story.  How could she do this to me? She ended my love story even before it's beginning.

I have to do something. I have to stop this proposal right now.
Abhinav is two years younger than me . He still have time. I can't let this marriage happen.

Just say Abhinav have a girl friend.  My soul encouraged me to lie.

But it's unethical. My conscience reminded.

Then, stay with your ethics, she will get married to him, and you will serve kheer at their wedding.

" No....."  I said and everyone looked towards me.

" What happened beta" Radhu Aunty asked .

" Nothing aunty, I was just..." I sipped my coffee to cover my embarrassment.

" So, what's your opinion Radhu, Shall I arrange a meeting?" Mom asked and I felt a volcano burning inside me.

Arrange, arrange, Also arrange a funeral for your son.

I was about to lie, when Radhu Aunty interrupted.

" Sorry Kavi, we are not interested in a marriage now. Nithya is still studying  . I want her to complete the studies and gain a job. So that she can be independent. I don't want my fate to repeat on her" the last words left her mouth with a sob.

I was happy with her words but at the same time I felt bad for her .
After sometime we had our lunch. I must say everything is delicious.I enjoyed the meal a lot.

After that mom started gossiping with aunty and the girls joined them . I steal glances from Nithya at regular intervals.

Hours passed like seconds and it's time for us to leave . Mom hugged aunty . Her eyes were moist. I took blessings from her  and turned towards Nithya.

" Bye" I said and she give a faint smile and said bye.

I left leaving my heart there.

Nithya's pov

As soon as they left, Swathi started blabbering .

" Aww.. he is so handsome"

" You guys look good together"

When she didn't stop her blabbering I decided to watch some movie.

We watched a Korean series till 6 pm and decided to go back to hostel.

Swathi started the scooty which she borrowed from our friend Maya.
We were about to go, when mom called us from back.

" What happened ma?

" Nithya, your dad called now. He said his friend' s family is going to visit us tonight. He asked you to stay here".

" Nithya, something is fishy" Swathi muttered  and I felt she was right .

" Swathi, stay here for tonight . I am scared" I said and she nodded .

What ever be the problem, Swathi is my only lifeline .No matter what, she will never leave my side .

Poor mom, now we have to make food again . This time me and Swathi helped her genuinely.

" Maa, do you know who are the guests? Did dad told you something?"
I asked while cutting vegetables.

" No, He was so angry. So I didn't ask"
She said and my fear increased ten folds.

" Aunty, why did you marry him?, I mean you are so sweet ,then why did you marry a person like him?" Swathi asked and mom chuckled.