And the journey starts

Nithya's pov

" Why are you crying Rithu?"I asked and she hugged me immediately.

" Rithu, why are you crying, what happened?" I got worried seeing her in that condition.
She didn't say anything. Just burried her face in her arms.

I made her calm down. Some how she stopped crying. I made her sit on the bed.

"Now tell me what happened? Why do you cried this much?" .

She took deep breaths and looked at me. I took her hands on mine.
" Please tell me.."

" I love Avinav" she said stammering.

" Who??" I asked.

" Avinav. Avinash jiju's brother. " She said and I was shocked. I just met him downstairs.
She started crying again and I hugged and consoled her.

" I....love...him... for the last 3 years, but.. he didn't realize my feelings... Now I lost him" she said in between the sobs.

I don't know how to console her. It hurts a lot when we lost a person who is very close to our heart. Nothing can reduce that pain. Maybe time can do that.

" He is getting engaged next week ... to his girlfriend....I lost him ,I lost my love forever" she break down in my arms.

" Please stop crying dear . Please.. I know it's paining, but you have to be strong now and have to overcome this, please dear" I said and hugged her tightly. Tears started flowing from my eyes.

After an hour, she wiped her tears and calmed down . She took deep breaths and closed her eyes.

" You know, he invited me for his engagement, how can I see my love going away from me? How can I ? It's all my fault. I should have tell my feelings earlier . Now it's too late. I can't do anything now. He gave his heart to someone. I will just silently watch him going away from me." She closed her eyes tightly.

She controlled her tears, but they betrayed her. I never saw her like this.
I just prayed Krishna to give her strength to overcome this pain.

" Rithu... Come here" Aunty called from downstairs. Rithu washed her face and we went to the living room.
I saw Avinav talking with Karthik sir.
They were laughing at some joke .

Rithu was trying her level best to smile, but how can she smile when her heart has broken into million pieces .

" I'm leaving Aunty . Have to go shopping with Shwetha. Don't know when this will end." Avinav said and smiled towards us.

" Nithya, you should definitely come . I won't take any excuses." He said and handover an invitation card.

He bid bye to everyone and left.

Rithu ran to her room as soon as he left and I followed her.

She fell on her bed and cried for some time. I let her do that. Maybe crying could reduce her pain a bit.

"Ritu don't go for his engagement. It will hurt you more.  Give some excuse and stay here." I said.

"No Nithya I think I should go. I want to see his engagement. Only then my stupid heart will realise that he is not mine and won't be mine forever."  She said taking a deep breath.

"I know it will break me I can't bear to say that but it will help me to realise the reality. I have to convince myself. I have to move on. " She said and washed her face.

She is right. Maybe accepting the reality will give her courage to move on. But she needs constant support. I decided to go with her to take care of her. I just can't leave her alone in this situation.