32 | coffee & cats

❀❀❀

32

"As Promised, here's an Iced Caramel Macchiato," Bhai said, handing me my drink as I got into the car.

"Best Bhai ever!" I squealed, grabbing the drink and immediately taking a sip.

"I know," He said with a smirk.

"So I saw you and Zayn we're getting along well in the group chat..." He said

"Bhai, we literally said two sentences. What are you talking about," I said, taking a sip of my heaven in a cup.

"I'm just saying, but Saima, be careful. I don't need you guys flirting before marriage," He grumbled.

"Hey, you're the one who created the group chat!" I said defensively

"I know! I'm just saying no excessive texting and definitely no texting outside of the group chat," He said sternly.

"Yes, Bhai," I grumbled.

"Do you want to move forward? If you want to talk to each other one on one, I can arrange something?"

Did I want to do that? Get to know him for marriage? This could be very risky especially if we didn't work out.

"Saima, we can't have them waiting forever. I know he said to take your time but.."

"Wait, how do you know about that?" I asked, I hadn't told anyone about that little interaction.

He looked over at me, "Do you think Zayn's going to talk to you alone, purposely? He asked me if he could go, and I listened in, of course," He said, rolling his eyes. "He's smarter than that Saima"  

I felt very flattered and impressed by his cautiousness. Not many would have stepped out of their way and be careful like that.

❀❀

 After a short drive, we had finally arrived

"Thank you," I said, exiting the car,

"I'll be here when you're done," He said, pulling out his phone.

As I walked into the building, I felt so nervous. I kept reminding myself that I have Allah and that I got this. History will not repeat itself. This was giving me such Deja Vu, and I hated it. The memories of my last interview kept resurfacing, and the events after that.

"Hi I'm here for an interview," I said to the receptionist.  As she was looking for my interview slot, I scanned the building. For a Law Firm, it did feel homey and more put together. Compared to Robinson's Law Firm. Everything was nice and crisp, the color scheme was lovely, everything looked organized, and the people seemed friendly. She smiled at me and directed me where to go.
My palms were sweating, and I was slightly shaking. I knocked on the door, to find,

"Emilia?" There she was, my previous co-worker.

"Ah, Saima! Surprise! I'm going to be interviewing you today!"I took a seat across from her,

"Before I start, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for what happened, and I'm even more sorry for not reaching out to you sooner." I waved it off, turns out after what happened, Emilia had quit and got a job here.
The interview went smoothly, and once it was done, I shook her hand.

"You got the job!" She said as I walked out the door,

"Just like that?"

 "Yep! I will email you all the information along with details about when we're going to have coffee to catch up," She said with a wink. I waved and went back down to the parking lot where Bhai was still parked. I'm sure he has things to do, no idea why he decided to wait in the parking lot for an hour. I got in the car and informed Bhai about getting the job, Emilia, and all of that stuff.
"Congrats, Saima. I'm so proud of you; you're growing up so fast. Next thing I know, you're getting married," He said with a teasing grin.

"About that..."

"You can tell everyone that we can move forward with the proposal," I mumbled very quietly.

"Say that again," Bhai said, smirking, fully knowing what I said.

"You know what I said. Bhai, don't make me repeat it," I groaned, frustrated. 

"Nope," He said, popping the "P." He was enjoying this way too much. 

"I didn't hear you, Saima, please repeat what you said"

"We can move forward with the proposal," I yelled.

                                                                                               ❀❀