01 | new beginnings

❀❀❀

01

The sky looked like cotton candy. The baby pinks swirled with the deep oranges and aqua blues. It was all so mesmerizing. I thought about my life; Allah has blessed me with such a loving family, how I was blessed to live in such a peaceful country, How exceptional my education is, how I'm this close to being a lawyer yet... I felt incomplete. Something was missing, but I didn't know what. I know that i've drifted from God but I felt different.  
"Saima, come inside its Maghrib," Mama yelled from the kitchen.Slowly breaking from my thoughts, I lifted my head off the dead grass and went inside. Deciding not to pray my sunnah prayers, I prayed a hasty 3 rakah's and sat at the table for dinner.

"How was everyone's day," Baba asked as he set the table.

Before I could open my mouth, my younger sister Zara began.
"Terrible! My teacher assigned SO MUCH school work, and I'm in a group full of the WORST students. I already had to do all the work THEY SUCK! 

"Zara, you're in 8th grade; it can't be that bad," My older brother Omar said with his mouth full of rice.

"Ew, don't talk with your mouth opened. What will your wife think" I snickered Omar Bhai had gotten married 6 months to my wonderful Bhabi. They had gotten married back in Dubai due to family reasons (reasons I still don't know) Bhabi will be back home in 2 weeks!

"Now now children, stop bickering and keep eating," my mother dearest huffed.So we all ate in silence after that.... But it didn't stop the weird looks we gave to each other OR the kicking under the table. Although all of us were adults, besides Zara, she's still a baby. We still bickered and acted like children.

Oh, do things never change. 

❀❀❀