Chapter 28 (Alternate ending)

So...I didn't feel satisfied with my last chapter and I didn't want Philip to die so I decided to alternate the ending. This is the last chapter and I hope you like this! It's similar to the last chapter but, different.

(Y/n) p.o.v

It was a fine beautiful morning. I was with Eliza having tea at her place since she insisted. I saw Elias running and Eliza noticed it. We stand up and went to him. "Mother...you have to come with me, it's urgent." I knew his face when it's serious. "What happened, tell me," I stated and need to know what's going on. "Mother I will tell you on the way, please." I nodded. This day was good and wasn't expecting to lose something important in the family. I told Eliza to stay here while I see what happened.

Earlier...

Benjamin p.o.v

It's was almost dawn and Philip would leave. I woke up early to not wake up my wife. I changed and left without a note. I went to Anne's and Philip's house. When I got there, I knocked on the door twice. "Father, come in." I nodded and I entered and Anne closed the door. "Where's Philip?" I asked and she looked down. "Anne?" She looked at me and started to cry. "He left and went to the river across New Jersey." I knew what it meant. "I have to leave and find him, stay here and don't move." I knew how my own daughter is. In the end, she goes which I told her not to. "Please, Father. I want to see if he's fine or not." I shook my head. "No. I don't want you to get hurt." She gave up and nodded. I let but little did I know, she still went there.

When I arrived there, they already been handed their pistol and started to count. I started to run to stop preventing this. I saw someone with a pistol but, not aiming at Philip, at Eacker. Before I could do anything, I saw Anne going in the direction where the person is planning to shot at Eacker. "Anne, don't," I yelled across from her and I heard two shots. I got froze for a minute and looked at Anne to see if she's hurt but, when I saw her, she's okay and turned and saw Philip was fine but confused and thinking since he didn't shoot at Eacker. I looked at who shot him but, by the time I looked the direction the someone is shooting at Eacker left running. I chased who it was and when I was about to get to him, he left with the horse. I looked from the distance and I knew who it was.

Now...

(Y/n) p.o.v

I left the house and went to the carriage and asked the driver, "The river of New Jersey, quickly." I stated and went fast and trying to restrain what Anne and Philip, even Ben was going to do. It was a bit of a journey to get there. When I got there, I got out and thanked the driver and saw Ben, Anne, and Philip coming from New Jersey. I ran up to Ben and hugged him. "Explain when we get home." I turned around and saw Philip and hugged him. "Philip, thank goodness you're not hurt." I pulled away and smiled at him. I turned to face Anne. "Anne. What were you thinking?! Leaving your home while your father told you not to." I  could tell she was guilty. I hugged her and she hugged me back. "What matters is your alive. Now let's go home. Philip, your mother, and your father is waiting for you." Philip nodded and we went back home.

When we got to our house, Eliza saw Philip and hugged him tightly. "Philip, please don't leave the house without telling me." She turned around and we all knew what is going to happened next. "Alexander." She said firmly and we decided to left them alone to talk for a bit. "Eliza, we'll leave. You and Alexander have a lot to discuss." She nodded and we left. I saw Elias and asked him, "Elias, where's your brother?" He looked at me and gave me a letter. "Elijah wanted me to give you this letter when he left." I looked at him confused. "What are you meaning?" He explained how he went to the duel and shot George Eacker and decided to flee to England and start all over again. "I hope he comes back but, I understand his decision." I left Anne, Philip, and Elias to talk while me and Ben had a discussion. "Ben, explain why you left early without leaving a note?" I could tell he was trying to make something up to not make me worried. "I apologize my dear (y/n), I didn't want Philip to die and I don't want you to worry more than you need to." I smiled and I knew he doesn't want me to worried since I'm having a child of his. I'll see how the future is set.

1804...

It was the day we're attending the funeral of our dear friend, Alexander. I was crying, even though he made some mistakes but, was a good friend of mine and Ben. I was trying not to remember to death of my newborn child and my dear daughter while giving birth to her  The pain hurts. I saw Eliza and her family are in a bad position since they lost a father and a loved one. 

Months have passed and I heard a knocked on the door. I got up and went to open the door, I saw Eliza. "Hello, Eliza. What brings you this fine morning?" "Morning, (Y/n). I hope you don't mind me talking to you a few moments." I nodded and let her inside. "Eliza, tell me what do you want to talk about?" She took a sip of tea I gave her. "I want to ask you if you could help me to keep my husband remember?" I focused on what Eliza is telling me. "Eliza, I will gladly help you in the writing of the interviews of our soldiers. People in the future should remember what happened in the revolutionary war, the fathers who found the country, even what our husband has done in war and in Congress." We agreed and started writing and put ourselves back into the narrative. Eliza stopped wasting time on tears since we should approach this talk former soldiers, and writing a lot of pages. Ben helped us and did Angelica. I never thought I will more than 50 years to passing on how America got found by the economy, presidency, and more. Few years passed by and Anglieca passed away and we will remember what she helped us with and being on time on helping to pass on the legacy of what Alexander did. 

Days pass on and while Eliza is writing about the legacy of Alexander while for me, I wrote what happened in wartime and the Cupler ring. I wrote to another person's perspective and not wanting anyone to know, me, as women joined the time of war. I continue to write and heard someone coming in. "Ben, you have to be in bed." I smiled and went up to him. "Yes, I know darling but, I need you to rest. Your writing is like you running out of time." I nodded in agreement. "I know but, I want people to remember what happened and how this is a form to a country and evening during how we got independent." He nodded. I decided to sleep since I have time before I depart. I kissed Ben goodnight before I went to sleep.

1835...

I think of my husband every day ever since his death. I know what my husband wants me to be doing. I was living next to Eliza and continue what we are doing. "Eliza, we should get raised funds in D.C for the monument of my father to remember the people what he served for." She nodded in agreement and we moved to D.C and Dolly Madison and Lousia helped us raised funds in D.C for the Washington monument. We spoke against slavery and I thought of Benjamina and started to think how he could have done so much more if he had time. I knew he had enough time to pass on his legacy and I will pass on his legacy.

I was almost at my death bed, I asked Elias to take me to the Orphan Asylum Society. I saw the children running around and was proud I helped Eliza to make this Orphanage. I saw a little ran up to me and gave me a hug and a flower. I smiled and she left. I will remember and cherish the accomplishments I done. "I can't wait to see you again Benjamin." I smiled and we went home and went to my letterbox of the letters Ben sent me while in war. I smiled and I was looking at the year right now of 1854. I wrote a letter to my son, and to my family and wanted them to pass on Ben and my legacy. I smiled and sealed the letter and went to bed. It was the last time I'll see my place.

Present...

There was a light. Is this heaven? I went and saw Ben. I hugged him. I saw Alexander and Eliza. We smiled and I looked down and started to cry, Alexander legacy is now in a musical people are watching and loving. I smiled at Eliza and we knew people will remember the legacy we have left.

Thank you for reading!!! I will miss writing about this but, it has to come to an end. Thank you for 1.9k reads, I really appreciate it. Once again, Thank you! :)