Chapter 21

It's already November. Ben came with Elias and Elijah and now, I was going to buy some dresses with Anne since it's starting not to fit her, until I saw father.
"Father, why are here? Is something wrong?" Before he could answer, he just pointed his finger to the carriage. Me and Anne went inside and it started to move. "Grandfather, may I ask, where are we going?"
"I'm taking you both to congress, and you Anne will stay there to see the cabinet meeting." After he said it, Anne is happy and I knew why we are going there.
"Father, are going there because Thomas Jefferson is coming home?" He nodded. I knew it was that since he left to France and came back until now. My daughter wanted to see a cabinet meeting but, I couldn't say yes because she has to ask my father and now he said yes. This is going to be interesting.

When we got there, father helped me to get down. As I got Anne down we went inside of congress. As we were walking anne said, "Mother, can I see what's around, please?" "Yes, but be near where I'm standing." She nodded and went to see what's interesting in congress. As she left I heard father, "Thomas Jefferson, welcome home!" I knew I have to make an introduction. "Hello Mr. Jefferson, welcome home I'm (Y/n)-" before I could finished, he grabbed my hand and kiss my hand knuckles. "It's a pleasure to meet you (Y/n) Washington, how are you darling?" He asked in a seductive way and trying to get out of this. "Mr. Jefferson, you got it wrong. You see I'm m-" "Don't worry. Soon you'll be Mrs. Jefferson!" He said it out loud and father saw uncomfortable I was in. I was the position of throwing up until I heard a familiar voice. "Mr. President, it's good to see you. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Jefferson. I see you have met my wife." I turned around and saw Ben. I smile of relieved. "(Y/n), is it true?" When he ask it I went on. "You didn't let me finish my introduction. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Jefferson, I'm (Y/n) Tallmadge, the wife of Benjamin Tallmadge." He was speechless and started to talk to my father and started to apologize. While he was doing that, I went up to Ben and said, "Thank you for getting me out of the situation I was." He smiled and added, "Darling, you know how angry I was when Jefferson is flirting with my wife." He said and hugged me. "Do you think someone will be his enemy?" I looked at him and said, "Yes, with the cabinet meeting, Alexander Hamilton." I knew he is the type of person that would fight, even for the position. "I have to find Anne. You know how she wants to see the cabinet meeting." He nodded and I started to look for her and saw she was talking to a boy in her same age. "Philip, how do you know the cabinet isn't boring?" "It has interesting debate of they're fighting." I decided to step in. "Anne, I was looking for. Who's your friend?" I asked knowing this is Eliza son. "Mother, this is Philip. Philipthis is my mother."
"Pleasure meet you Philip...?"
"Hamilton!" He said excitedly. I could tell he's a boy of pride of his father. "Mother, can we sit mext to Philip in the cabinet meeting?" I can't say no because his father isn't looking at him. I nodded and went inside to grab out seats, I hope this could find her interesting.

2 hours later...

The meeting was over knowing how Alexander could fight until he's victorious. Father wanted to talk to him, beforehand talks to him, I'll have to tell him I'll leave. "Hello Father, Alexander. It's been awhile, hasn't it?" "Yes, I see you have a good marriage." I laughed before I could continue. "Father, I will take my leave with anne since I have to do something important." He nodded and before I leave Alexander said to me, "(Y/n), could you take philip home, I don't want Betsy to worry." I nodded and went out. "Anne, we have to take philip home before we go home, is it fine for you?" She nodded and philip and anne started talking. I have to visit eliza since it's been long I have seen her. When we got there, we got down from the carriage and knocked the door. "(Y/n)!" She went up and me and hugged me and I hug back. "It's good to see you again Eliza." "Me too. Why are you here to visit me?" As she invited me inside. "I came to drop off philip. Alexander told so you can't get worried since my father is talking to him." She nodded and brought some tea. "How's Alexander? Does he still write nonstop?" With her face expression, I could tell it's the truth. She nodded and told me how she tried to make him take a break without knowing, it's getting dark and said goodbye. Anne got on to the carriage while I still think about the future if Alexander doesn't listen to his wife.

We got there tired and Anne wanted to eat before she goes to bed since it was a long journey. Elias came up to me and Anne and apologized to. We accepted of his wrong doing hoping he wouldn't do it again. I was looking for Ben and haven't seen him. I went to father and he seem worried. "Father, where's Benjamin?" He looked at me and haven't seen this upset before. "(Y/n), Benjamin is with Alexander to write essays."
"Father, what essays are these about?" I'm not liking the sound of it.
"He's wditing essays to defending the U.S constitution..." He said what. "Father, did Alexander force him or decided to defend it?"
"He wanted to defend it. Trust him, he knows what he's doing." I nodded and helpled Anne to put to sleep. I just hope he could spend with his family than like Alexander. Lord, have mercey on me.

It's been weeks and he's still writing since it's a spam of 6 months. We return and few days ago since Ben has to work and write day and night. I need him to take a break and to let it out. "Benjamin, cam you come downstairs, it's dinner."
"Darling, please save me a plate." This is going out of hand. I went upstairs opening the door and looked at him serious. "Benjamin Tallmadge. Downstairs. Now." I close the door and heard he's coming. It was quiet during dinner. After dinner I told to sleep and he say no but, "Ben, you have been like this since Alexander asked you to write, for once please sleep early." He didn't say anything and was tired. He nodded and went upstairs to sleep. I hope he is well.

Sorry if this chapter is trashy. I'm tired and sort of ran out of ideas, but not much. Thank you for reading and being patient with me with the chapters I am writing.