Chapter 23

1797...
It's soon to be elections, father is wanting to tell me about it. I went to my father and went inside and saw Alexander and not seemed happy of what father said. "Father, did you ask me?" He nodded and close the door. "Yes, I mention it to Alexander. I'm not running for president." When he said it, I was shocked but, happy. "That's good father. I respect your decision"
"(Y/n), I feel your father should run against Jefferson-"
"Alexander, please understand. My father serve this country, serve years in the military after battle and battle and he needs  and deserve a break." He tried to argue but, he didn't since now isn't the time. I hope nothing bad happens after the election. "Father, I also to let you know we're visiting you in the summer to have the family together." He smiled and knowing he wanted to do it but couldn't of his presidency. I let him and went back and teach Anne the piano.

August 25, 1797

Anne p.o.v

It was a bright morning and since it was perfect to go on a walk with Philip. I left and say goodbye to Grandfather and mother wanted me to take Eliza something  before went I to Hamiltons house. I knocked the door and saw Eliza. "Morning Anne, how are you in a fine morning, how'severyone?"
"Morning Mrs- I mean Eliza. My family is good. Here's what my mother wanted me to give you. I hope you're well and the baby." She smiled and let me inside waiting for Philip since he's going to school soon. "Anne, let's go I'm going to show you where we're going." I nodded and we left. We were planning to buy some food for his mother so she can't hurt the baby when we return. "Philip, how's your father?"
"He's good. Won't spend time with us until he gets his plan through congress. I respect him."
"I understand. Here's the bakery, let's go." We rushed inside and  bought pastry for us. I saw the baker giving Philip a weird look. I didn't think any of it and we left.

It was around noon we're heading back now and people are whispering and giving weird looks to mostly Philip. "Philip, is it just me or people are giving us the looks?" Be fore he could answer it now, we heard something from afar. "The charge against me is a connection with one James Reynolds! For purposes of improper speculation. My real crime is an amorous connection with his wife for a considerable time with his knowing consent I had frequent meetings with her. Most of them at my own house." I heard man saying it. People are starting to whisper more and the three men came up to us and showed us the pamphlet and kept say, "Mrs. Hamilton with our children being absent on a visit to her father." Me and Philip were shocked of what his father had done. We left immediately with Philip head a bit down. I gave philip my cloak to cover himself and so people can't look at him. When we return, we first went to my house then to Philip's. We got inside and went to my grandfather's library. I went in with out knocking and saw mom, dad, and grandpa talking happily. "Anne, what happened?" Mother asked. I went up to them and asked and said, "Have you read this?!" I slammed in the desk and Mother picked it up and father and grandpa started to read between her. They were shocked and mother asked, "Anne, where's Philip?" "He's here outside of the library mother." Father looked angry but, something is telling me he knew something about it. "Poor Eliza. Much more when she's pregnant." Mother said and Grandpa seem to be disappointed at him. "Anne, you and Philip stay here with Elias and Elijah. Your father and I have to go to the Hamiltons residence." I nodded and went to Philip to not leave yet.

(Y/n) p.o.v

When Anne brought the pamphlet, I was shocked that Alexander will do something like that. "I'm going in first and you co e in when I come out." He nodded and went inside and he said, "(Y/n) thank god your here. You know what I'm struggling here to do." Before he could do this excuse I have to let the piece of my mind. "I'm not here for you. I know my friend like I know my know mind you would never find anyone as trusting or as kind. I love her more than anything else in this life. I would choose her happiness over mine every time. You could never be satisfied, god I hope your satisfied." I slapped him and left. "Darling, go and take care of Eliza, I'll handle him." I nodded and went upstairs to their room. I open the room and seeing she was burning letters. "Eliza..." I went up to her and said, "You don't deserve him." She nodded and kept crying. "It's going to be alright.  Take care of yourself, even the baby that's inside of you, please." She nodded again and looked at me. "Can you please take care of Philip while this dies down. I don't want him staying here and having remorse of not going out and seeing his father." "I will, when he enters school, he'll return to here." She thanked me and Ben helped me packed his stuff for awhile he's going to live with us. We left and I letter to Angelica of what happened and come to take care of Eliza. "Mother! What are you doing with Philip's stuff?" We explained to her and Philip about the plan. "Elijah, you're sleeping with Elias. Philip, you could sleep next door of Anne's room." He nodded. "Mother!" I know this will be coming. "Elias, stop it or do you want to write 30 page essay of spam of 3 weeks?" He stooped and show Philip his room. I went to Ben's library since he brought books and I'm going to organize it. While I was organizing the books, I accidentally dropped a book and saw note out of it. I picked up the book and open the note.

When I read it, it was the letter for Alexander about his affair with the women he's sleeping with. How could Ben hide this, he knows he can tell me anything. When I heard the door open and saw it was Ben I said, "I though you could tell me anything." "What do you mean, (y/n)?" I couldn't anymore. "I though I could trust you of you telling me of your problems and you didn't told me you knew the affair of Alexander?!" He was speechless and saw the letter in my hand. "Of course, if I read this if this wasn't going on, I would though you were having an affair with me! You know how important is Eliza, she's like a sister to me." "(Y/n), please let me explain-" "It was during the time I went upstate and trusted you to make sure Alexander doesn't do anything stupid and he does! I'm disappointed on you. Before we got married, Caleb told me you slept with a women named Sarah, right? After I left the camp after father knew I was a woman. I didn't told you so you can't be mad at me to know how I know this. You know I have been waiting for you to tell me but, I guess not." He tried to come closer, I didn't let him. "Stop Ben, I don't want to hear your excuse. Sleep in the spare room tonight." I left and lammed the door and went upstairs to our room and cried. I make sure the door was locked so he couldn't get in. I know how Eliza is feeling right now.