Chapter 17

One week later...
It was one sunny day and knowing Benjamin will leave off the day of the wedding. Father got furious when I got out at night and the conversation didn't go well. Now he's calm and isn't furious when I left home at night and that could have ruined my reputation but, I managed to get not seen. I was up looking at my dress I'm going to get married to but, Ben didn't stop the wedding nor he'll object.  I just hope this goes well and in the end, I guess marrying to Lafayette will be forever and can't change of that plan and Lafayette knows it. A few more hours until the "wedding", Anna and Caleb went to docks to convince Ben to object to the wedding. I hope they make it on time.

Ben p.o.v

Only a few more hours until my departure and preparing my suitcases when the carriage comes. When I went outside to get some air and saw Caleb and Anna. "Benny boy, where are you going?" Caleb asked and surprised he wasn't drunk. "I'm leaving-," before I could finish Anna asked, "Ben, are you leaving?" I nodded and started to take my suitcases inside my house. "Anna, why are you taking my suitcases?" I asked her and trying to get it back knowing my carriage will come soon. "Benjamin Tallmadge, you are not leaving now, not evening the day of (y/n) is going to be wed soon," Anna said after dropping my suitcases. "(Y/n) already made her decision and it's already too late-" "It's not too late Benny boy," Caleb said. "Ben, if you get there, you could stop the wedding." I'm surprised how Caleb is giving advice on what should I do. "Anna, Caleb, the carriage is here, I have to leave." I said to them and before I left I told them, "Tell (Y/n) on my behalf congratulations on her wedding." After I said it, I grabbed my suitcases and left. When I went inside the carriage, Anna and Caleb tried to stop me but, I have to move on. The journey right now going to the docks is going to be 2 hours. It's been an hour's drive. I looked at the time. Just one hour until (Y/n) gets married. I thought a lot if I should go and stop the wedding but, time is running out of time. I can't let her get married. (Y/n) I'm coming. As I finished my thought I told the driver, "Driver, take me to the cathedral quickly!" He nodded. I hope I made it one time.

(Y/n) p.o.v
I was waiting for Anna to come in. While I was waiting, I was looking the inside of the invitation I sent out with out father knowing saying:
         You're invited to the matrimony of :
Benjamin Tallmadge and (Y/n) Washington

Father will get mad but, he knows and I know that he'll accept him. "(Y/n)!" I heard and turned around and saw Alexander. "How are you?" I asked him. "Fine, ready for you and Benjamin getting married?" He asked and nodded. "Oh, will John come?" I shake my head. "I wrote him 2 months ago and the last letter was a month," I said. He nodded and looked sad. He loves John, I know him very well and married Eliza. "(Y/n)!" I heard Anna voice and told Alexander goodbye before the wedding starts. "Anna, what happened? Is Ben coming?" Before I could ask her she said, "He left. Me and Caleb followed him and he's coming." Anna helped me to get in my dress. "(Y/n), your father wants to speak with you," mother said. I nodded and left us alone to talk. "Sweetie, your a grown lady, and your mother told me what you did," he said calmly. "Father, I'm sorry-" before I could finished, father continue talking. "I know, but, I accept him as my son-in-law, and trust me, you'll be happy with him." When he finished, I hugged father tightly. "Thank you, father." I said crying to him. "I wished you the best of happiness," he said and left. Anna came in and helped me. I hope he comes in time.

Ben p.o.v
I came in of thirty minutes left payed the driver. Before I knew it I went to darkness and hearing some voices. "We got him!" I heard him yelled. "Go get him changed." I heard and before I knew it was Caleb, I saw the lightness. "Hey Benny boy, you made it!" He said happily. I was confused and wanted answers. "Tallmadge sorry we have to do this." "Why-" before I could finish, they're grabbing me and started to change my clothes out. "Hey what- stop that- that's too tight- stop." I was finished of the torture they were giving of the clothes. "There, now it's time for you to get married," said Alexander, (Y/n) friends. Before they took me out, Washington came in. "You guys go, I have to talk to him," he said and everyone left. "What did you need to talk to me, sir?"I asked him and wished I didn't. "I know you love my daughter and I'm not making her get married to Lafayette," He said. I'm surprised and didn't have words to speak and continue to talk. "I wanted to give you my blessings of marrying my daughter," "Sir, the people knows she's marrying Lafayette-" before I could finished he finished my sentence. "She changed the invitation to you and her marriage. Listen, I wanted to say is take good care of her and if you hurt her, you'll have the punishment and not wanting to know." He said in a scary tone. He could be a father figure even, protective from his daughter. I nodded and shook his hand. "Now go to the altar, your wedding is going to start." I nodded and left out to go to the altar. (Y/n), my love and soon to be my wife, I can't wait to marry you.

(Y/n) p.o.v
While I was waiting, the church bell rings, it's time. "(Y/n), it's time for me to go, I'll see you in the altar," anna said and I nodded. I saw father walking in, "Ready to be Mrs. Tallmadge?" I nodded and grabbed my father's shoulder and we started to walk the aisle. While walking, I saw my friends and my family and knowing slowly that I'll be Benjamin Tallmadge wife. When we got there, father kissed me in the forehead and puts my hand to Ben's hands. I grabbed his hand and looked at his eyes. His happiness was filling up with my. We were staring at eachother and didn't listen to the priest speak. "Do you, Benjamin Tallmadge, take (Y/n) Washington as your wife, and promise to cherish her until her death?"
(I don't know how it works so please bare with me)
"I will," he said looking at him and looking back at me. Do you, (Y/n) Washington, take Benjamin  Tallmadge as your husband, and promise to cherish him until his death?" When he finished, I didn't hesitate to answer the question. "I will." I said and knowing this I will be happy with Ben. "I pronounce you as husband and wife, you may kiss the bride," when the priest finished the sentence, Ben grabs my face and kisses me and I kissed him back. I hear cheering and crying of happiness. I am finally Benjamin Tallmadge wife. Now as (Y/n) Tallmadge.

Reception...

A lot of people are having fun and enjoying themselves and saw John came in. "John, you came!" I said excitedly and hugging him. "Sorry I was late, I knew I have to come," he said. "Congratulations on your marriage," he said to Ben. "Thanks, and thank you for coming." Ever since the winter ball, Peggy and John started to get closer. I knew he likes men and women but, I think they're going to he next on marrying. I heard a cling of glass of Hercules preparing a toast and giving it to Lafayette.

Lafayette p.o.v
It was time for the toast and knowing Hercules will cling his glass. "Alright, Alright, that's what I'm talking about now let's hear Marquis de Lafayette." He said in a dramatic entrance. "A toast to the groom, to the bride, from your best friend. Who's always by your side. To your union, and the hope that you provide. May you always be filled with happiness." I stood there frozen and remember when I met (Y/n).
Rewind. Rewind. Rewind.
I remember when I met her and her beautiful eyes in the first time we met in the same tent. Knowing she's dressed as a man and has a great personality. I remember clearly when I saw her face and accidentally entered and knowing she's a women. I didn't cared and have feelings for her. We became friends quickly, when we went to the winter ball and talked to her father. When she met Benjamin Tallmadge, I knew she was helpless. And I know she is helpless. And her eyes are just helpless. And I realized she won't accept my feelings. When Washington asked me to help his plan of pairing Benjamin and his daughter together, I accepted so I could get close to her. I know she will be happy with him.

Present...
I snapped back to reality and saw I left people in suspense. Back to the toast. "A toast to the groom, to the bride, from your best friend. Who's always by your side. To your union, and the hope that you provide. May you always be filled with happiness." After I finished my toast she was happy and know I have to let her go. But, I will always have her in my heart, deep down. I couldn't hold it so I went outside to get air. It's hard to give up your first love.

(Y/n) p.o.v
After Lafayette toast, it was good but, was in suspense and thinking about something and snapped back and continued his toast.  While I was distracted with Eliza and talking abput her baby coming, I saw Ben was plotting something. I excused myself to go to Ben. "Ben, what are you planning?" I asked him and he looked at me and smiled. "Planning to get out, after all, this is your parents house," he said and knowing we have alone time. I nodded and knowing the guest won't miss us since it's a great day. We both went upstairs and locked the room to make sure no one came in. "(Y/n), you have some explaining to do," he said and knowing he wants answer. I explained to him and thought he's going to be mad but, he wasn't. "You could have told me so I could helped you," Ben said and started to kiss me. "(Y/n), I want to have a family. I hope I'm not rushing-" before he could finished, I kissed him. "I wouldn't mind."I said. The night was memorable of making love.

Heyyy. Sorry I took long enough to update. I was trying to plan how to make this chapter and thanks for reading, I wouldn't done it with you. I hope you love the chapter and hope you like the plot twist. Also, can you find the serect song lyric? :)