"Bite me," Beck grumbled as Deaton lifted an arm to block her.

"With pleasure," Kali growled.

"Not here you won't," Deaton pointed out the mountain ash surrounding them. Kali's eyes went back to normal as she glanced around nervously. "I suggest you leave. Don't make me insist."

"Alan," Ms. Morrell hissed, leaning towards Deaton. "If he dies, they'll go after the others. And don't think your little protege Scott won't find his way into the middle of it. They'll kill him. You know they will. Alan, please."

Releasing a breath, Deaton turned toward the small blonde. "Beck, I'm sorry but it looks like I'm going to have to cancel our lesson for today." Beck's eyes darted to Deaton, seeing a warning written on his face. "I think you should head home. Go out the back."

Beck nodded slowly before returning to the examination room to grab her bag and denim jacket. Deaton waited until he heard the back door squeak before opening the gate.

Aiden moved forward with Ennis, but Kali stopped him.

"I got him," she whispered as she took Ennis from Aiden. "You follow her."

Aiden nodded his head as he backed towards the door before turning on his heels to leave.

Walking quickly, Beck headed towards the preserve instead of heading home as Deaton warned. She wanted to try something.

Walking down the familiar trail, Beck couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. Like she was being followed. Pausing, the small blonde glanced around at her surroundings but found no one there, so she continued. The feeling Beck was getting was beginning to suffocate her just as she arrived at the Hale House property.

Reaching into her bag, Beck pulled out an old polaroid photo as she stepped onto the porch. In the photo was Beck and Derek when Beck was twelve. She was riding piggyback on Derek, both laughing at something unseen. They were smiling and happy. It was so long ago.

Kneeling on the porch, Beck ran her thumb over the image of Derek. She had to contact him, she just had to. She tried that morning, but it didn't seem to work. So, Beck thought it would work better at the Hale House. She had to try.

Closing her eyes, Beck took in a deep breath as she focused on Derek.

"Phasmatos Manex, Un Domo Hax, Fero Adiuvex."

Minutes passed as Beck waited for the same feeling she got when summoning Erica.

But nothing happened. All Beck felt was the wind around her picking up.

Releasing a groan, Beck opened her eyes and looked down at the photo as tears began to pool in her eyes. "I miss you," Beck whispered as she ran her thumb over the picture again.

"Practicing I see."

Closing her eyes, Beck stood slowly before turning to face Crystal. "Go away, Wicked Witch," Beck ordered as she clenched her fists at her side.

Crystal hummed as she tilted her head, making her blonde hair sway in the wind. "I still don't understand why Lucinda wants you to join our coven so badly. You're just so weak and childish."

"Well, I am a child," Beck deadpanned before glancing down at the picture in her fist.

"You're trying to summon him," Crystal hummed, eyes following Beck's toward the photo.

"It's not working," Beck whispered. Looking up, Beck glared at Crystal. "Why isn't it working?"

The other blonde only hummed with a shrug, a smirk pulling at her red lips.