Chapter 2; Finding an Old Friend

After Zay checked into his room and put all his stuff away, he sat on the bed to ponder about how he knew the kid from the news broadcast. "Maybe I went to school with 'em?" He questioned, "He looks like a kid from the League of Assassins, Why is he going by Robin now? I mean it looks like Damian. Wait!" His eyes widened, "No way it's him!" He sprung up off the bed and bolted towards the stairs that led to the roof of the complex. He soon reached the roof and looked around for a minute. "Wow, the city is beautiful at night." Buildings, Casinos, and Street lights illuminated the buildings around him. "Reminds me of that firework show I saw with my parents." He ran over to the edge of the roof and looked down, "Damn that's about a 335-foot drop." He backed up. "Thank fuck I can fly!" He double-tapped the lightning bolt button on his smartwatch screen, which activated the nano-bots that formed his leather super-suit over him. "Welcome back, sir." His AI, T.E.D., greeted him. "Thanks, TED, glad to be back.", He responded. "Hey, you can't be up here!" A security guard said, waving a flashlight around. "Yea, I know I know I'm just leaving." Crypto dove off the hotel roof. "Haha, this is fucking awesome!" He laughed, gliding down the side of the building. About 20 from the ground he launched up, flying through the city. The people that saw him looked up and pointed as the city lights shined on him. Crypto flew around a while until he saw something that looked like a fight going on in an alley. He landed on the nearest building and watched for a minute. A kid in green, yellow, and red assassin-looking robes was fighting a group of guys in yellow suits with masks. "Oh, that's Robin! What is he doing?!" Crypto asked himself. He looks to be doing just fine on his own until three of the soldiers knock his staff out of his hands and pinned the defenseless Robin against the wall. Instantly, Crypto jumped into action landing right in front of the alley they were in. He proceeded to raise his hand, releasing an electric beam at one of the soldiers knocking him out. The other two turned around to see Crypto, whose arms and hands were glowing red with electric static around them. "Hey honey bees!" he called out, throwing a ball of electricity at one of them, incapacitating him. Robin decided to seize his opportunity, so he booted the H.I.V.E soldier in the back of the knee, launched his staff up from the ground into his hands, and swung the staff at the soldiers' head, knocking him out. Robin and Crypto stopped for a minute to catch their breath. Robin then turned his attention to Crypto who was standing in front of him. "Who are you?" Robin asked, looking ready to swing. "You know me," Crypto responded. "Don't you dare swing at me." He thought. "Do I?" "Yes, you do Damian!" Robin scowled at Crypto, he proceeded to swing his staff at Crypto who quickly countered the attack with his built-in hidden blades. He shoved Robin forward and pressed a button on his forearm that removed his mask revealing who he was, "hey Damian." Robin lowered his weapon. "Zay?" He tilted his head, "So it was you who changed the weather earlier?" Crypto nodded. "Still short eh?" He Smirked. "You are a dick, Pierce," Robin said back. Crypto laughed, "Whatever you say homie. Anyway, how ya been?" "Good, joined the Titans, got a girlfriend, and turned 15,  7 months ago. Life's going good, you?" "I just got here, I'm still not quite sure." "If you ever want to join the Teen Titans, just stop by," Robin said. "I might, trying to start over, you know?" Zay sighed looking down at the ground. " I see, well you do you kid. Anyway, I should probably head back, they are probably worrying about me like they always do." Robin arrogantly smirked, shaking his head. "Alright bet, I'll see ya around." Robin dropped a smoke pellet and when the smoke cleared he disappeared. "Classic Bat-kid." Crypto laughed flying back to his hotel room.