Chapter 8; A Big Mistake

Hours passed, as the sun rose in San Francisco. The gas cleared from the room Crypto was trapped in over. His eyes twitched open, He looked around stumbling as he tried to get up. "Maya! Where are you?!" He yelled in a broken voice. Crypto managed to get to his feet, limping  over to a near door. He wiggled the door but it appeared to be locked. In an instant rage, Crypto's eyes faded to red, as he threw a ball of electricity at the door like a baseball, blowing it open. He walked out of the warehouse with electricity static forming around him. The sky turned to a dark grey as a red lightning bolt struck Crypto, sending him to the top of Titan Tower as another bolt struck the roof.      

      A boiling Zay deactivated his suit, walking into the elevator sending him down to the main floor. The elevator dinged, the doors opened. The Titans looked towards the elevator door, Damian scowled at Zay before darting towards him. "What the hell do you think you're doing huh?" Face to face, Zay stared aggressively into his eyes, "Get the fuck out of my face Wayne." The Titans stood back, watching in slight shock at what was happening in front of them.

       "You just got here and you already disobeyed orders!!"
       "I didn't disobey anybody!!"
       "Oh please explain then!"

         Zay's eyes faded to a light red as a tear fell down his face. "We had an interaction with HIVE, Gizmo shot Maya and." Damian interpreted him, "Did they kill her!?" Zay growled back, "No they didn't kill her!" he exhaled, "They shot her with a mind control beam, I was gonna go after them but they gassed me." Dead silence followed, everybody's eyes widened. 

      "I'm gonna kill them..all of them!"
      "We don't kill here Pierce!"
      "But you would! For Mia...for Bruce.."

        A Damian's staff launched into the hands of the blood son. Suddenly a blade appeared on the side of the weapon. "You leave them out of this you son of a bitch." Electric formed around Zay's arms burning parts of his shirt. Both teens looked ready to exchange blows. Jon and Garfield ran over separating the two before they laid into each other. Kori and the rest of the team came over, "Do you think they took her to the main base?" Kori asked. Zay nodded, the static around him stopped and his eyes faded to their normal color. "Don't our suits have trackers or something like that?" Wallace asked. "Not in our suits, but our communicators do." Jaime responded.

        Jon reached into his pants pocket, pulling out a yellow disc. He powered it on, scrolling through before eventually showing the screen. "I think I found her!" The Titans gathered around Jon, "Good another warehouse. When can we strike?" Zay asked. Kori thought for a minute, "Soon, unfortunately I can't go with you, so Zay you lead. If you can handle it?" Zay nodded. Kori walked up to Rachel and whispered, "Watch him, I would like to see how he does." Rachel smirked, "I'll give you a report when we get back." Zay and Damian looked at each, "Don't do anything dumb." A passive aggressive Damian said.
"Don't plan on it." He turned towards the team, "Suit up, we gotta Maya to save!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MEANWHILE AT THE HIVE WAREHOUSE

        10 miles from the Titans Tower, NoBody was being held in a cell by HIVE, "You guys won't get away with this!!" she exclaimed. The HIVE Members laughed maniacally. "And yet they haven't come to save you yet." Jinx snickered. Nobody smirked under her mask, "I'm sure they'll be here sooner than you think."  Jinx looked over at Gizmo, Mammoth, Billy Numerous  and See-More nodding at the four of them. Gizmo flew out, leaving the other three in there with NoBody. "Even if they get here, they have to get through us!" See-More said. "Even then, our plan for the robot invasion will be in effect!" Mammoth and See-More looked at Billy with disappointment, "Great work you big dummy!!" Billy yelled. Mammoth looked down at the ground, scratching his hairy head.

       NoBody laughed, "Yeah, a half demon, a kryptonian, A former assassin, a speedster, a half alien, a shape-shifter, a blue beetle and a pissed off boyfriend." She started before breaking out in laughter, "Yeah, Y'all are done for!" She said, trying to catch her breath from laughing. A HIVE soldier ran into the room, "Boss, The Titans are here!" Jinx growled, "Damn it, Get all the soldiers you can! And prepare for a fight!" NoBody looked at her suit HUD showing The Titans outside the warehouse, "See! I told you!" Jinx turned over to her, "Shut it!!" Nobody laughed as soldiers filled the room