Chapter 10; Divide and Conquer

Chaos, that's the only way to describe downtown San Francisco. HIVE Robots and soldiers filled the streets, attacking anything and everything. civilians were screaming rushing to get out of the way.   The Titans arrived, landing on a nearby rooftop. "What's the plan crypts?" Superboy asked. Crypto looked around the streets and thought for a minute, "Ok check it, There are 9 of us." He started. "We're gonna split up, take out each street and meet at the end over there" Crypto pointed straight ahead, a 25 tall robot stood tall, towering over the city. "T-that looks like the robot from the warehouse." NoBody stuttered. "Not a problem for us right?" Kid Flash asked. "It might be but we'll figure that out shortly. Flash, Beetle, Beast Boy y'all go left." Crypto started, "Raven, Beacon, Supes, you go right. And Maya and Wayne with me in the center. We'll meet at the big robot. Titans, Go!"

         The Titans headed to their assigned areas. Robin, Nobody, and Crypto, The assassin trio. 8 years of friendship between them and they are finally fighting together for the first time in years. They landed at the start of the street, nothing but the HIVE robot's insight. "Are you ready for this?" NoBody said. "You know it girl!" Crypto responded. Robin was clenching his wound, "Let's do this." NoBody and Crypto removed their masks, they both looked worried for their longtime friend. "You gonna be ok Dami?" NoBody said. "Yea, if you can't do this you can step off the field," Crypto added. Robin shook his head, "Negative, I'll be fine, besides we gotta fight to win" he pulled out a familiar weapon, his trademark katana, "Let's slice some robots!" He smirked. Nobody and Crypto put their masks back on. NoBody also pulled out a sword, the one a younger Zay made for her. "You would still have that!" They all laughed before staring down at the robots.

          The three charged at robots, lasers flew at them with horrible accuracy. NoBody giggled, darting at the nearest robots. She did a little spin before swinging her sword. The robot's body instantly combusted before falling to the ground. Nobody looked back at the boys, as she ran at the rest of the robots, slicing any in her path. Robin shrugged, before following behind her. Crypto shook his head, flying slightly ahead of the two heroes. He flew up as electricity sparked around his arms eventually down to his hands. Diving down towards the robots, he slammed his fist into the tar streets. An electric energy pulse launched around him turning several robots into pieces. "Show off!" Robin yells, pulling his sword out of a robot. He laughed as NoBody and Robin slashed more robots. "Come on boys, let's keep moving!" NoBody shook her head as she launched a sonic wave out of her suit launching many robots.

        "Just give up while you can dude!" Beast Boy stated. Blue Beetle, Kid Flash, and Beast Boy were already halfway through the HIVE soldiers. "Don't let up, the boss won't be happy!" A soldier yelled." Kid Flash dashed at the soldier, throwing a mind-boggling forearm strike.

          On contact, the soldier launched back about 40 yards. Thankfully a building broke his fall. "Anybody else?!" He exclaimed. The soldiers didn't seem to be amused by the actions of Kid Flash, aiming their guns directly at him. A worried look filled Blue Beetle's face as he flew over next to Kid Flash and Beast Boy. The HIVE starting firing at them, Blue Beetle fired plasma rays back at them, hitting several of them. "We gotta fall back and take cover!" He suggested. The green teen, Beast Boy stepped in front of his two teammates. He turned back towards them and smiled before his body started morphing into that of a gorilla. The HIVE soldiers lowered their weapons. They attempted to make a run for it, but Beast Boy caught up with them. They shriek as he pummeled all of them.

        Transforming back into his normal form, Beast Boy laughed. "I told you fools to stand down!" Blue Beetle and Kid Flash looked at each other and nodded. Kid Flash started running very fast circles around the fallen bees, after a few seconds a small tornado formed around them. A hand cannon appeared around Blue Beetle's hand, it started glowing before launching a massive plasma beam, tossing them over the big robot ahead of them.

          Superboy looked over to see the twister Kid Flash made and chuckled a bit. As Raven, Beacon, and Superboy walked down the empty street, suspicion filled their faces. "It's quiet." Raven Started. "...To quiet." A sudden rumble shook the ground, a curious looked filled Superboy's face. "I'm gonna go see what that is.." He stated. Beacon and Raven looked at each other before looking back at Superboy. "Yeah, you dop that hun." Beacon said. Superboy exhaled before flying upwards. 3 tanks rolled onto the block, along with two attack helicopters that flew in front of Superboy, guns aimed directly at him.

        The barrels of the guns started spinning. "Oh, son of a bit-!" He exclaimed. Superboy dived down as the bullets came pouring down. He grabbed Beacon, bringing her over to raven who ma a forcefield that reflected the bullets and missiles. "Pierce!! We need help over here!!" Raven radioed. The clouds quickly faded to grey, the helicopters seized their bullets. The Soldiers in them started looking around to see what was happening. "Look over there!" a soldier called out. Nobody was standing on a building staring at the pilot. She dropped a smoke pellet, promptly disappearing. The pilots tried to look around to see where she was, but couldn't seem to.

       Suddenly, flash a light followed by a rumble in the clouds could be heard. A lightning bolt struck one of the helicopters. It started to spin out on the course of a building, fortunately, Blue Beetle got there just in time, catching the helicopter guiding it to the ground. "J, Get the other copter. We'll handle the tanks!!" Robin said running over to the scene with Kid Flash, NoBody, and Beast Boy. "You got it D!" He responded flying up towards the other helicopter. Another rumble of thunder was heard, this time a lightning bolt struck one of the three tanks. Crypto crashed through it with an electric pulse, destroying it. "Oh my god, why did I do that?!" He exclaimed in pain looking at his hand. "That's your problem pierce. We got to get through this quick!!" Robin yelled. "Oh right, big ass robot, sorry forgot about that." NoBody and Raven were comforting a visibly shaken Beacon who just experience near death. One of the tanks went invisible but none of the Titans noticed.

     In a gorilla form, Beast Boy charged at the none cloaked tank grabbing under it in an attempted to flip it over. "Ugh, Come on!!" He struggled. "Hang on, I got you BB!" Kid Flash, raced around the tank unscrewing the wheels, causing the tank to sink a little. Beast Boy proceeded to flip the tank onto its back. "Woo-hoo!!" He yelled. Robin ran up behind Beast Boy, Baseball sliding under his legs. He popped up throwing two explosive bird-a-rangs at the tanks before turning around walking back towards the team as the explosives detonated destroying the tank. "Show off!" Crypto called out, trying to find the other tank.

     Superboy was still up fighting the last helicopter, flying above it blew his freeze breath onto the propeller causing it to fall to the ground. Superboy and the others went over to Beacon who was pretty much hyperventilating. Superboy kneeled next to her, "You alright Kath?" she looked into his eyes and smiles before going back to her panicked state. "Yeah, I'm just... I've never been so close to death than that." She chuckled nervously. Superboy got nose to nose with her, "It'll be ok, we'll get this soon enough." Kathy smiled, leaning forward pressing her lips on Jon's. Jon blushed, smiling at her" Crypto smirked looking at the two, "Hey hun, it's a part of the job." Crypto laughed. "Yeah totally!" Beacon quickly said popping up, throwing her hand forward. The other tank that went invisible, reappeared and shot a missile at the Titans. Beacon, the telekinetic goddess caught the missile and smiled, "Not this time, HIVE!" She yelled throwing it back at the tank destroying the final tank. She smiled at Crypto, "Let's go destroy a robot!!"