Chapter 5; Takeout and Robots

Zay walked into his new room, stopping a few steps in. "Daamn, This is a big room!" He set his luggage down and looked around the room excitedly. He noticed a door on the right side on the door, "A2" it read. "A room divider eh? Interesting." Zay walked over to the door he raised his hand to knock, but before his hand made contact with the door it opened. Maya was also standing in front, assuming she had the same idea. They both smiled, "So whatcha been up to the last few years?" She asked.

         "Besides the occasional invention and hero work, just tryin to find my place again." He said. "The Titans will be good for you, we'll always have your back!" She looked up at his braided hair, "Box Braids? Seriously?" Maya laughed. Zay shook his head and smiled. "Hey, I'm trying something new ok!" He said. "I'm kidding, you look good!" They laughed. They heard the sound of knocking on a door, they both looked at their doors to try and tell which one it's coming from. "Which door are you at??" Zay called out. "I'm at your door Zay!." a voice responded from outside the door.

          Zay quickly answered the door to see Jon and Kathy standing outside, "What's up Lil Supes?" Zay asked. "Lil supes? I like that!" Jon laughed. "Anyway, Jaime said He's picking some of us up to go get takeout, Wanna come with?"  Zay thought for a moment, "Bet, I'll go!' Jon smiled, "Awesome! He should be here soon!"  Jon and Kathy were holding hands but were trying to hide it, though Zay noticed and chuckled a bit. "Young love at it's finest." Zay thought to himself. Kathy smirked at him, "I can read minds you know?" Jon blushed and Zay laughed "Yea I guess you can!"

         Maya walked out of her room, "Oh we're getting takeout? From where?" Jon shrugged, "I think Garfield said it had a 'variety of options dude' or however he put it."  Maya smiled, shaking her head. The four headed to the elevator that took them down to a parking garage that was under the main entrance. The first thing Zay noticed when they entered the room was a motorcycle with Robin's logo on it. "He would have a motorcycle." Zay muttered. "Yea Batman spoiled him." Garfield said walking up behind them. A few minutes later one of the Garage doors opened and a black SUV drove in. It pulled up next to the four heroes. The passenger window rolled down, Garfield walked up to the window and said, "Wazzup Jaime! This is Zay, He's a new member!"

           Jaime smiled, "Hey man!" "What's up homie!" Zay replied. Kathy walked up to the window, "How long should it take to get there?" She asked. "About 10 to 15 minutes...maybe."  He replied.  "Well, you guys ready to go?" They nodded and all got into the car. They drove off and headed to the restaurant. About 5 minutes go by and The Titans are asking Zay about why he decided to join, "Honestly I just needed some company, I've been rather lonely since my parents were killed and I left the L.O.A." They all seemed interested in this, Jon raised his hand, "Wait, if your parents were killed by the League why would you join?" "Well I didn't have a choice, they tortured me in the abandoned Arkham Asylum and forced me into the Enhanced Soldier Initiative. Pretty much trying to turn me into an unbeatable assassin." silence filled the car for a few seconds, "Jesus christ..Talk about a backstory" Jaime said. The Titans nodded in agreement.

            As they near their destination Garfeild tilts his head like he hears something, "You hear that?" Everyone looks up and tries to listen, "No I don't." Maya Responded. "It sounds like faint screaming and it's getting louder." They all looked at each other in agreement that it was probably H.I.V.E. Jaime quickly pulled over and parked the car. "Ok, let's find a vantage point, I'm saying the roof up on the building next to us." Zay suggested. "I agree." Garfield said. The rest agreed as well, "Ok bet, suit up and meet me up there!" Zay exclaimed. The Titans looked at each other surprised Zay was taking the lead on this. They exited the vehicle and started to suit up, "Maya, want a lift?" She smirked, "Sure why not!" She grabbed onto Zay's neck as he flew up to the roof. "Still got that suit eh?" He said looking at her 'NoBody' suit she's used for like ever. Maya chuckled, "Yea, I need an update." Zay laughed. "I got you!"

             The rest of the Titans made their way up to the roof and headed over to where Crypto and NoBody was looking. "What do you see?" Superboy said. Did it look like HIVE soldiers and robots? "Well HIVE soldiers and it looks like HIVE robots or HIVEBots if you will." Beast Boy and Superboy laughed. The soldiers were looking to be setting them up, it was uncertain if they were trying to commit a crime. There looked to be 5 soldiers and 8 robots. Crypto thought for a minute, "I got it!" The Titans looked over at him. "Ok so 3 of you go right and the other 2 go left and I'll give you some time to surround them." "Alright, call it Crypts!" Beast Boy Said. Crypto smiled taping the button to activate his suit, "Titans, Go!"

              Beast Boy, Blue Beetle and Superboy went down the right and NoBody and Beacon went left and Crypto stayed on the roof waiting for them to get into position. Both sides gave him a thumbs up, he nodded. "TED will the effects of this be permanent?" "No sir, only temporary." His AI responded. He hopped up onto the edge of the roof, "What ya up to Bumblebees?" The soldiers looked up, "Crap, Crypto's here!" One of them said. "Hey, stay calm! We can test these things now!" Another yelled. The rest agreed and turned them on. "Oh come on lads!" Crypto's eyes faded to red, the sound of rumbling thunder filled the sky, and out of nowhere a red lightning bolt struck right in front of the HIVE soldiers, Hopefully working like a flashbang. The soldiers stumbled back and held their ear area. "Holy shit it worked!" He laughed signaling to the other Titans to attack, who also looked surprised by it.

              "Nice move, kid!" Blue beetle said flying at the enemies, shooting plasma beams at the enemies. "Thanks Homie!" He said jumping off the building and taking out an enemy with a head scissors takedown. Beast Boy was in combat with a guard, trying to dodge the soldier's blasts. Crypto threw a ball of electricity at the soldier, shocking him, before he fell to the ground Beast Boy turned a kangaroo kicking the soldier into a nearby wall. Superboy was taking care of the robots, easily destroying them with his heat vision, "Well that's one flaw found!" He called out. NoBody was taking on two soldiers, shooting one of them with an ultrasonic blast. The other one charged at her but was quickly intercepted by Blue beetle who blasted them in the leg and Beacon used her telekinesis and launched him into a wall. Superboy was fighting a soldier who could seem to get a hit on him, Superboy froze him in place with his frost breath and just laughed. "Just cool down a little!"

             Crypto ran toward the soldier and hit him with a brutal knee strike to the head. You could hear the crack of his neck when it hit. "That's cold Crypts." Superboy laughed. Crypto seemed amused by Lil Supes's ice puns he decided to play along.  "You got some {n}ice puns Lil Supes." They both laughed. The Titans looked around to see they cleared the area of HIVE soldiers. "Well that's all of them!" NoBody said. "Yup we should head out, it's getting dark and we still gotta get food." Blue beetle said. They all quickly went back to the car and changed back into their normal clothes. They eventually made it to the restaurant and headed back to the Tower.

             The Titans entered the tower and headed to the top floor. "What took you so long." Damian said in a pretty irritated tone. "Yea sorry we had a HIVE problem." Zay said. Damian's face went from irritated to Shocked. "And you handled it?" Starfire asked. The titans who were with Zay walked up next to him, "Yes and Zay lead us perfectly." Jaime acknowledged. They nodded. "He did great!" Jon added. Kori smiled, "Good work, bud!" "Thanks! So am I an official member now?"  Kori nodded, "Yes, you are an official member now!" Zay sighed and smiled. "I'm headed to my room to finish setting up." Zay headed back to his room but before he got to his room he heard footsteps behind him, "Hey wait up!" Maya called out. Zay smiled. "Yea what's up?" "I just wanted to say how much I missed you and how glad I am to see you again." He chuckled, "I missed you too and I'm not going anywhere, so get used to me!" Maya laughed. "Of course you big goof." She leaned in and hugged Zay tightly before quickly letting go. "Goodnight Zay." She blushed walking off. He smiled blushing, "Goodnight Maya." Zay said walking into his room.