Chapter 6; Game Plan

It was a busy morning at the Titan Tower, Many of the members were training while the other half were making breakfast. "Oh come dude, I expected more!" Garfield said, hitting Zay in the chest. Zay coughed after the punch connected. Jon, Damian, Raven and Starfire were all standing in the booth in the upper room, watching them spar. "There is no possible way Pierce is letting Garfield win." Damian said with a look of disbelief. Suddenly Zay Kiped up, landing in front of Garfield. Garfield jumped back at the sudden jump, but before he could react, Zay knee striked Garfield in the head. "Holy sh- crap!" Jon yelled out. "I stand corrected." Damian smugly said.

Garfield's nose started leaking with blood and the Titans in the booth came down to help him. "Rule number one, don't taunt me, you'll get kneed in the face." Zay looked over at Damian who had a smirk on his face. "That was awesome Zay!!" Jon said. "Speak for yourself! Damn you got some power bro!" Garfield's nose stopped bleeding, but there was still blood all over his green face. "You played the possum very well Zay." Kori added. They all nodded in agreement. "Let's head upstairs, food is almost ready and Gar needs to get cleaned up." Raven Said. They nodded and headed upstairs.

After they got upstairs and Garfield cleaned the blood off his face, they all sat down to eat their food. A few minutes later after they finished, Starfire stood in front of the team, "So the Team who saw the HIVE robots, what can you tell us?" Everybody in the room turned their head towards Zay, "Huh? Oh right!" He said, realizing what was going on. "Where to start, well HIVE seems like they are going to use these for a future evasion." He and Damian locked eyes, "I have to say I agree, it just seems most plausible."

Several of the Titans Nodded in agreement. "Don't they take over abandoned factories and turn them into little bases?" Maya asked. "I believe that is correct." Kori said. Zay looked down before quickly putting his head up. "Maybe, we could pick days where two of us go around looking for these bases and take them out?" He suggested. "I like that idea." Wallace said nodding. "Marvelous, We'll start tonight, Zay would you to start?" Starfire asked. He nodded, "Yea sure, Maya you wanna come with or nah?" Maya smiled, "Sure thing! I'm down!" Zay smiled back at her.

A few seconds later Damian stood up. It looked like he had a slight tear in his eye. Everybody looked back at him. "Uh oh" Jon said, trying to follow, but Starfire stopped him, "Zay go talk to him." She said. Zay nodded following behind him to his room. He walked in to see a rather rare scene, Damian being Sad. "You alright bro?"

"Y-yea I'm just reflecting." He wiped the tears from his eyes. "Two years today my dad died and them Dick adopted me, I've been a fucking mess ever since." Zay gasp, "Holy sh-, I feel you honestly." He sat next to Damian, who was on the verge of breaking. "I've never seen him so vulnerable before," Zay thought. "Scarecrow's poison finally took effect and put him in the hospital, until he died." He paused, and soon enough he broke. Tears flowing down his face. "I-i wish we got him out in time." Zay looked down,

"It's hard, it is. I've gone through the same processes, you'll get through it. I know you will." Damian smirked, "Yeah, I know I will, I've been talking to my girlfriend, Mia. She's been helping me alot." Zay smiled, "It's good you have someone to talk to...I didn't." The thought of Zay's parents came to mind and he smiled, "I miss mine too, you're not alone and you never will be. We love you and we are here for you." Damian smiled, wiping his eyes and wrapping his arms around Zay's neck.

"Thank you Zay."

"Of course Dami." Zay said, wrapping his arms around Damian.

Teen Titans; New Beginningsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें