Chapter 38: Lonely Times

MMMMMMMMM BURGERE KONG-

(Y/n) POV

BEEE-
*click*

Huh? Someone turned off my alarm!? I peeked out of my covers to see what's going on. A skeletal hand rested on the 'Snooze' button of my alarm.

"Wake up Reset!"

Dust grumbled. "Five more minuuutess" I whined. Suddenly I started.. floating?! "WAAAH?!" I squealed, Dust seemed surprised as well. He blinked multiple times as he looked at his hand which glowed a purple aura.

"PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN!"
I yelled as I was now touching the ceiling. The same purple hue surrounded me, it was freezing cold!
Suddenly it ceased, "eh-" I stopped mid way through as I plopped on the ground with a 'thud.' "Oww- my beautiful face!" I said, while holding onto my forehead, with a bleeding nose. Then I blinked in realization,

"Since When Can You Do Telekinesis?!"

(Timeskip)

I now had a ice bag on my forehead and a tissues up my nose-holes, sitting on the kitchen table. "I didn't know that the transfer could come so fast.." Dust said in surprise. "You're code thingy?" I said in a Squidward voice, do to my plugged nose. "Yes, it's not supposed to be like this!" He frowns eyes full of confusion and fear. Suddenly the cereal box nearby started to float, then it fell to the floor spilling everywhere. "I can't seem to control it either.." he murmured, staring at his hand that was previously glowing purple. "Yeah no kidding" I groaned staring at the mess on the ground. I got up and walked past him, going towards the paper towels on the counter, suddenly that started floating, "wha-"
"I need to learn how to control it, but I forgot how?.." Dust said not seeing the commotion of me grabbing onto the floating paper towels and then me suddenly starting to go with it dragging me upwards. "Yeah you really have to! Dust!!" I yelled as the paper towels was making me go high and higher. Suddenly I plopped back down, hitting my elbow on the counter "owww-"
"(y/n)!" Dust turned towards me, "yea..?" I said rubbing my now bruised elbow. "I'm going to have to stay here until then," he said sternly, "I can't be walking around at you're work making things float if everyone but one person suspects I'm human."

"Makes sense.. but can you promise me something?"

"..."

"Can you promise not to destroy my house?" I laughed nervously.

"(Y/n), I'm not a earthquake, if I wanted to destroy you're house that would already happen since
chapter 1.."

"What- just promise me!"

Dust walked away, with a frown,

"I don't make promises (y/n).."

(Timeskip)

I did end up leaving without Dust to my work. nobody there questioned me but they did realize 'Durake' wasn't with me. It was my break now, I was tired since the other person who works the cash register was absent today. I sighed, "oooh, wait I know! The bakery!" Sandy chimed, "sure.." I said I unenthusiastic "(y/n).. are you alright?" Sandy asked hesitant. "Yeah, I'm just a tired that's all," I replied. "Alright.." Sandy seemed okay with the answer but she still stared at me with concerned, "did you sleep well?" "I've had my better nights.." I replied once more getting slightly tired of the questions, but I knew she was concerned for my health. "I'm alright Sandy, don't worry about it." I smiled softly at her. "Whatever you say, just.. don't over do it" "I won't" I said, "you promise?" I looked at her gaze, she was serious.

"I promise.."

(Timeskip to when work is done)

I was sitting in the bus, I didn't feel like going in a car because the bus is slower. I might sound crazy, but I need more time to think about all these problems and questions, well.. before I come home. I ended up snoozing in the bus, a little too long, and I'm near my stop!
Something started to

Pinch and stretch my cheeks?

It was awfully cold, and rubbery, but it felt like fingers? What in the world?! I was trying to ignore it in my state of slumber, but it started to hurt my cheeks.

"Wake Up!!"

A shrill voice whispered to me in anger, In. My. Ear?! "WHAT?!" I yelled jumping 50 feet in the air, that was a person?! I looked frantically around looking for the culprit of such a creepy thing to do, only to find people staring at me in annoyance, fear, and even concern! I blinked a few times. I swear-

"We are at the stop (blah blah blah) watch you're step!"

"Oh my- my stop!" I ran out the bus, and to the sidewalk. "I'm really turning insane" I said sweating, "oh my god." I speed walked home the whole way muttering how insane I am. When I finally made it I barged into the house and locked the door. "(Y/n)?" Dust said waking towards the door way, "oh you're back, that's good.. I wanted to ask you how does your shitty microwave work?" He said in annoyance. "I was gonna eat some microwave popcorn but I couldn't cus the damn thing blew up!" Dust said, "what?!" I ran to the kitchen to find popcorn everywhere, "how on earth did you manage?" I said looking at him, "you promised to not make a mess!"

"I didn't promise anything!" He shot back.

I ended up laughing, it was kinda funny really. "I don't get what so funny" Dust pouted crossing his arms looking away in embarrassment. Was that a blush I see? Well it's purple and it's lightly on his cheeks. I ended up laughing more "you're blushing!" I said through laughs "no I'm not!" He blushed more out of embarrassment. "And it's purple!" I managed to say between laughter. "You're hallucinating!" Dust stormed out. "well I guess these are lonely times huh?" I called out. "SHUT UP!" He yelled.

(Timeskip brought you by: (y/n) cleaning up popcorn with a goofy smile)

When I was done cleaning the popcorn. I went to search for Dust to apologize, I mean I did get him mad. But Ive been searching everywhere and I could not find him.
"Dust are you mad at me?" I called out looking for him. The sun was going to set soon, and I was getting worried. Suddenly I heard a thump, ah! The ceiling! I walked up the retractable stairs to the attic and finally to the hatch to the roof. There he was..  sitting on the roof watching the sun set. I walked up to him, and then plopped down next to him. I glanced at him, he has a soft smile on his face. "You know that I never seen a sun set for a long time?" He asked me, "really?!" I said surprised. "How come?" I asked, "..I never took the time to watch it.." he turned his gaze towards me, I've never seen it so soft before, it was beautiful.. in his multi-colored pinpricks, you can see all the colors and things of the sunset reflect off of it. The clouds, the forming stars, the melting sun, and the rising moon. "Have you ever took the time to watch it?.." he asked calmly, to be honest I never did, I just knew it was there "no.." I said watching the sun go down "when was the last time you ever seen it?" I asked not breaking my gaze from it. "With my old owner.. we used to do it all the time" I looked towards him with sympathy, he was watching the sun set too. "I guess it's lonely times isn't it?" He chuckles. I grabbed onto his shoulder, he didn't look at me.

"Can you tell me that memory?.." I asked

IIIIII- prepare for some sad stuff to COME! It's not a punch in the heart but still it's gonna be SAD!! I've been waiting to write this moment since the beginnings of this story!!

Be prepared to feel sad (maybe)

See ya in the next chapteres

~mbaird422