14

Its been a while I know. I have been getting my life back together. I was meant to start college, but never ended up going. Don't really have a reason for it, but it just never happened. Not much has happened in these past 3 months, I have kinda just been sitting at home, going to a friends house you know. Oh i also joined a councillor, who made me do the brave decision to break up with Jack. He wasn't even bothered because he already found another girl, at least it made my life easily.

And you may be wondering about Tate. Yeah I don't really know. I think she released a song or 2, I kinda stopped looking after the jealous cover. My councillor woman helped me a lot with that and it worked, theres not really a day where she crosses my mind. Unless, my mom is on the phone to Tanja or you broke my first comes on in my car. But other than that my life has gone uphill thankfully which i'm so thank full for. 2 months ago I was at rock bottom, I didn't know how I was going to survive.

"Hey" I say as I walk into the living room where my mom and dad are. A huge box on the floor in the middle of them. I look at it and frown with confusion but shrug. "That's for you honey, I'm not sure who its from" my mom tells me.

"Thank you, I'll open it when i get back from the gym" I tell them and say goodbye before leaving the house. I started working with a trainer to get me back to my full fitness again and I have been recommended a dance teacher when I get back to it. I'm excited for it though.

"Hi guys" I say getting in the back of the personal trainers car. Emilia turns round from the front seat and high fives me. Yeah she also comes to this gym with me . She isn't a dancer but she wanted to get fit.

"Dude what song is this, its hot" Emilia asks, looking at the radio. "I have no idea, shazam it" Alex my personal trainer says.

"I agree it's like bad ass" I say, leaning over to see Em's phone. I widen my eyes as soon as the song comes up. 'vicious by tate mcrae'.
"well, ok then" I say and sit back in my seat.

"Lets not talk about that one then, but it is a hot song, wonder what it's about" Emilia says turning around to look at me with a smirk. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"Were here lads" Alex says, opening his car door. We all stroll inside of the gym messing about pushing each other. "Right get on the treadmills, warm up" he adds.

/

The workout went well, i'm sore as fuck but whatever. "Bye Alex" Emilia and I both say as we exit the car and walk into my house.

"What is that, a body?" Em asks, pointing to the box which is now moved to the kitchen. Waving at my mom who is cooking dinner. "apparently its for me" I tell her and she widens her eyes. "Dude open it" she says, handing me some scissors from the counter. I shrug my shoulders and start to cut the tape on the box, revealing loads of bubble wrap and a note on top. I pick it up and open it, beginning to read it out loud.

'Hi,

I would like to formally invite you to the VMA awards where Tate will be performing and has been nominated for an award. Inside you will find a pass, plane tickets, accommodation and a special something from Tate. We all hope you attend.

The Tate Mcrae team.'

I put note down and continue go through the box, removing all the bubble wrap. "Is that an outfit?" Emilia asks, touching the clothes. I know exactly what they are. I grab the second note from on top of them and open it

'hey,
I know your meant to be formal in these things but i didnt really know what to say.
Its been a while I know and we didn't end on the best of terms. But what i do know it that you really wanted to come to this, i remember our little conversation about it. i also remember you seemed to love this outfit of mine so i thought maybe if you want to come you can wear it . i think it should fit you. we have makeup and hair girls that will get you ready on the night so you dont need to worry about anything its all sorted. the only thing you need to bring is yourself. i understand if you dont want to come though.

tate.'

"dude are you gonna go, its tomorrow ?" Emilia says as I pick up the outfit out of the box and hang it over the chair. It literally smells exactly like her, which is not something I thought I would remember. "I think I'm gonna go, is that crazy?" I ask Em and my parents.

"Go for it darling, its in New York too which is beautiful, there's someone meeting you at the hotel its fine" my dad says. I look at Emilia and nod lets do this.