6

"Babe guess what I did today?" I say to my boyfriend on FaceTime, its around 10PM we got home before and just had baths and stuff to sort our muscles out. That's pretty much it. "You ended the fucking call on me and didn't even say bye, all because some girl asked you to come dancing with her. Fuck dancing, you're my girlfriend you shouldn't blow me off for a random person you have known for less than a week!" Jack exclaims, an angry tone in his voice. I completely forgot I did that.

I run my hand through my hair and sigh with guilt, "Im so sorry I didn't even realise when I did It" I tell him and he shakes his head, putting his hand into a fist. I look over to my bedroom door which is open and unexpectedly see Tate standing there. She looks at me sympathetically and leans against the door frame.

"What are you even looking at, you know what you're not sorry. You should be thanking me, the only reason you have friends is through me, nobody fucking likes you ugly bitch. and I swear if you try and end this relationship I will make your life hell" Jack shouts, before ending the call. I put my phone down on the bed and stare at the wall in pure confusion to what just happened. I don't even know how I feel.

Tate shuts the door and comes over, sitting on the bed in front of me. "Your boyfriend seems like an asshole" she says. I avoid eye contact and shake my head.

"I mean he is not wrong, what he said is all right, I completely blew him off the other day and I'm not sorry I did it either" I explain and begin playing with my hands, which is like the main thing I do when I'm nervous or confused.

"Not all of it is right, first of all you are not even one bit ugly. In fact your fucking beautiful" she says. I turn my gaze to her, capturing eye contact with each other. She rests her right hand on my leg and strokes it a little with her thumb. "Don't let him make you feel bad, because me here, I think you're cool as shit" she adds. I bring a small smile onto my face.

"Thank you Tate" I say quietly, it almost coming out in a whisper. I notice her bite her lip a little and look away In shyness.

"So pretend I'm your boyfriend, what did you want to tell him" she says, adjusting herself to she is sat on her legs. I smile and run my hand through my hair, I love how much she cares.

"I wanted to tell him about dancing again today" I explain.

"So tell me then" she adds.

I cross my legs and look at Tate who is sat waiting.

"Today was one of the best days I have had in a while, I never thought I would dance again or would trust someone enough to get them to help me dance again but I was wrong. So I met this girl and she is honestly the most amazing person I have had the pleasure of meeting. She told me today not to hide myself, and to set myself free so I did. Dancing with her made me feel like I have something to live for again, something I enjoy that I don't have to fake. and I met someone that I haven't known for long but I immediately feel like she gets me" I admit. I look down at my hands, playing with my fingers.

"Well she sounds great doesn't she" Tate says, grinning from ear to ear. I laugh and shake my head at her. "No but honestly I am happy I can make you feel good" she adds and I smile.

"Ok that's enough soppy shit for one day, I'm going to bed" I say, moving back and getting into the bed covers. Tate stands up and walks to the door, she takes one last look at me and smiles.

"Goodnight beautiful" I hear her mumble before she leaves.