22

authors note
i updated the story cover, how do you guys like this one better. Also enjoy, this ones kinda sad and kinda happy. love you babies.

Tate's PoV

I watch Willow run out the door, not looking back once. Honestly, I have no fucking idea what is going on and it's kind of annoying me. "So basically Tate, Emilia wrote her a note telling her that she really really likes her and all her feelings towards her have come rushing back suddenly. Willow doesn't want to ruin there friendship but is scared that Em won't want to see her if she admits that she doesn't feel the same" her mom explains to me, I bite my lip and sigh trying my best to hide my disappointment. "Oh I hope they are both ok, I need to go and film a youtube video anyway so I'll be back" I announce, standing up and running upstairs.

I sit in the spare room behind my piano which I brought with me. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Willow ends up with Emilia and I can't lie that kinda hurts. I grab a piece of paper and start writing down a few notes.

Kinda Numb- Tate Mcrae

Not gonna lie, my chest is tighter than before
yeah it was me, but why am I lying on the floor?
I never thought I'd be the one to give it up
But then I felt too much and then didn't feel enough
And I know that my heads been racing
I don't do well with replacing
Kinda jealous, kinda faking all
And the thought of you with someone else
Made me wanna prove myself
By putting up another stupid wall.

Around an hour later I get my camera out after figuring out a few chords and begin filming myself singing the song. "That sounds lovely" My mom says, standing in my door frame, I didn't even realise she was watching. "Thanks" I say quietly with a small smile. She comes in and puts her hands on my shoulders as I begin editing. "Are you ok Tate?, you've been distant" she asks, kissing the top of my head. "Yeah I'm good, just trying to focus on everything" I lie with a questionable expression on my face. "Ok honey, get posting" she says and leaves the room, shutting the door.

Willow's PoV

I just got to Emilia's house and I can't lie I am so nervous I can't explain it. Lightly, I press on the door bell letting out a ring. Shortly after the familiar blonde appears at the door in sweatpants and a hoodie, bags under her eyes, hair messy. "Hey" I say quietly with a slight smile on my face. "Hey" she replies, giving me a small hug and letting me in the apartment. I look around at the messy living room which looks like things have been thrown around everywhere.

I take a seat on her couch, turning to the side as Em sits next to me. "Look, I don't want to hurt you" I say and she cuts me off at the end of my sentence. "Just be completely honest with me" she says holding one of my hands. I nod and take a deep breath. "I don't want to loose you as a friend Em, I know how you feel and it's hard but we have been there before and it didn't work because of our friendship" I explain to her and she nods understandingly. "I want you to tell me something" she says, running her spare hand through her hair. "Anything" I say, leaning into the chair a little more to get comfy. "Do you like Tate?" she asks me.

I let out a sigh and she nods letting me know its ok. "I think I do yeah, but it's all confusing. I don't want to talk about that though" I say, looking away. "No you need to tell me stuff like that because that will help me move on, I care about your happiness more than my feelings" she explains to me. I look at her and smile, giving her a nod. "hey listen, I understand if you want to stay away from me for a while, I know it may be hard with how you're feeling" I admit to her. She lets out a laugh and shakes her head frantically. "Dude don't be stupid, I'm not staying away from you, fuck that, not again" she exclaims.

I laugh and look down. "Good" I say and she smiles.

"So are we ok?" she asks worriedly. I nod at her and pull her in for a tight hug which I think we both needed. "Of course we are, do you wanna come over for dinner, your apartment is all dark and depressing" I ask her with a little laugh, pulling out of the hug. "Please, I have no food in at all. I'll go and get freshened up" she says leaving the room to go to her bedroom.

I get my phone out checking my notifications, seeing multiple texts from my mom and another one from youtube. 'TateMcrae posted a new video' . I click on it looking at the title and begin to play the video, turning up the volume. I frown my eyebrows, listening to the hurt in her voice I feel so guilty. She treats me so good and I think I just confuse the fuck out of her, she deserves so much more. I put my phone down and let out a sigh, running my hand through my hair.

/////

Emilia and I have just arrived back at my house, after a car journey filled with belting out songs at the top of our lung which felt amazing. "Hi mom" I say entering the kitchen seeing everyone stood around. Tate glances at me and then Emilia quickly and looks away with a frown, going over to her brother. "Hey guys" my mom replies giving Em a side hug.

"Alright everyone take a seat for dinner" My dad tells us, putting some spare chairs out. I sit down opposite Tate, in between my mom and Emilia. I grab myself a plate and start piling stuff on It, starting with salad. "This is great thank you" Tanja says, shoving a forkful in her mouth. I look over at the brunette in front of me who is just staring at the table, slightly picking at her food. "Im gonna go to the bathroom" she announces, standing up and leaving quickly. I look at Emilia and then her mom who both motion for me to go and see if she is ok. Everyone has noticed she has been quiet. I stand up and walk upstairs noticing her leaning on the wall outside the spare bathroom.

"Tate, come on let's talk" I say, taking hold of her hand slightly. She sighs and comes with me to my room, shutting the door behind us. "Whats wrong?" I ask softly, giving her a concerned look. "You know what's wrong" she says, looking down at our hands that are still joint together, pulling hers away and turning round to walk over to my desk. I shake my head and take a deep breath. "Me and Emilia aren't together" I tell her, but she doesn't turn around to look me.

"Why" she asks, messing with her hair in my mirror. "because she is my best friend and all I could think about the whole time we were talking is you Tate" I explain. She looks at me as I walk over to her with confusion on her face. I hand her the note that Em wrote me and motion for her to read it, studying her face as she looks down at the letter.

"I know how you feel about me and it's made me feel so guilty because I can be confusing and distant and I don't always show you my emotions but I do like you Tate, I really do. In my own little confusing way... Remember that party when I was on my own and you came over and told me that your going to show me how it feels to be treated good, and the day you pushed me to start dancing again, and the day you gave me this necklace and all them times you told me I'm beautiful when my own boyfriend didn't. Nobody else has ever done anything like that for me and I won't forget that Tate. I'm sorry for how confusing I have been but this is the truth that you deserve" I rant out to her. She sends me a wide smile and steps closer, pulling me into a tight hug. I wrap my arms around her waist and bury my head in her neck.

"Thank you for telling me that, just be yourself with me because I'm not going anywhere, you are stuck with me" she whispers into my ear, placing a light kiss there.