7

"Morning ladies, were going on a trip to the beach today" My mom says as i walk into the living room. It's around 11am and i have just finished getting ready for the day. Apparently its very warm out so might as well go for a sunbathe.

I take a seat on the couch and scroll through my social media, making sure to message my friends. Tate walks in the room, drinking apple juice her full attention on her phone. She puts her glass down on the table and picks up her dog, kissing its head multiple times. "How was your meeting honey?" her mom asks, removing Tate out of her thoughts.

"Shit i forgot, I've been invited to perform at the VMA's and apparently i'm nominated" she exclaims, with a smile on her face. Her parents jump up down in excitement and hug her tightly. Whereas her brother just hits her on the head and mumbles a "well done".

As I am about to congratulate her, my phone rings, turning everyones attention to me. I stand up and give an awkward smile before exiting to the kitchen to answer it.

"Hello" i say pressing the green button, not bothering checking the caller ID.

"Hey baby" a raspy male voice says. Jack. "listen i'm sorry about how I reacted yesterday, and everything I said. You didn't deserve it" he adds, genuinely sounding guilty. Tate walks in and gives me a little questioning look before putting her glass in the sink. She sits herself on the counter, wanting to listen in.

"Well thank you for apologising, I just wanted to tell you something and then you kicked off" I say, leaning on the opposite counter to Tate. She looks at me and mouths "Put it on speaker".

I press the loudspeaker button on my phone so she can hear.
"What did you want to tell me, you seemed excited" he asks and suddenly starts face-timing me. I accept the call and he appears on screen.

"I danced again" I tell him, running my hand through my dark brown hair. He puts a smile on his face, trying to look excited.

"Thats amazing babe, how was it?" he asks.

"It was good, I loved it" I say and look over to Tate who smiles at me cutely, i smile back and look away.

"Who's that your smiling at?" Jack asks frowning his eyebrows in confusion. "Tate" I tell him and motion for her to come over. She jumps down off the counter and stands next to me, resting her arm on my shoulder so she can get on camera.

"Hey" she says, with a little fake smile. I don't think she likes him very much. "Sup" he replies, giving her a little nod. Tate turns her gaze to me and i bite my lip nervously.

"Anyway I better go, were going to the beach" I tell Jack and he nods.

"Alright call me later I love you" he says.

"Love you too" I lie, before pressing the red button and ending the call. Sometimes I really question why I'm with him, I don't love him. He is controlling and I cant get out of it. I sigh and play with my hands.

Tate rests her head on my shoulder and takes a deep breath. "I'm so tired, I didn't sleep again" she admits. I put my head on top of hers "why?" I ask.

"Too much on my mind" she says and sighs. I stay silent not really knowing what to say. "are you ok?" she adds, i smile a little.

"Yeah i'm fine" i tell her and lift my head up as her mom comes into the room smiling at us both.

// The beach

"So Tate how is your relationships going? any boyfriends" My mom asks with a grin on her face being nosey. "I had a boyfriend but then I realised I like girls" she admits. I raise my eyebrows and turn my head so I am facing in her direction. "That's amazing honey, Willow here is bi sexual, but we don't like her boyfriend" my mom announces. I run my hand through my hair and shake my head, thanks mother.