《19》The Moment of Truth

Upon their dive, Kai holds in her breath as she slowly opened her emerald eyes underwater. Her eyes glance where she still had her hold on Magma, seeing his eyes closed and didn't jerk around. She frowns, closing in on him to place her palms just around the male's large face to lightly tap them. But there was no response on his behalf, completely knocked out. He probably fainted from the shock.

'Did I overdo it...?' Kai thought, now placing his bulky arm around her shoulder and used every ounce of her strength on her legs to swim them away from the villagers' view. Thankfully, Kai's legs were the source of her strength, which made things much easier for her to help carry Magma. After a short while underwater, Kai rises up back to the surface taking in a huge deep breath, now completely taking off the oni mask that covered her face.

"I need to hurry up..." Her eyes examined the area they were in, trying to find a familiar cloth she left as part of her trademark. When she continued to swim, she was greeted by a familiar steep surface-- upon nearing it, her eyes were quick to recognized the hanging clock on a tree. She wasted no time in swimming up to the surface, hastily standing up as she pulled along an unconscious Magma halfway.

Kai reached for the dry cloth that hanged upon the tree, wiping her face and short black locks as quickly as she could. "I need to get back to the laboratory and change..."

But she stops herself, slowly peering back where Magma laid without moving a muscle. She frowns at the sight, as her heart began to pull strings of guilt for thinking of leaving the male just like that. 'No...! He hurt Gen...but...'

She fought with her inner self, but she was unable to leave someone just like that. Without another word, Kai closed in on Magma and pulled him further out of the waters to check on his pulse. Applying her finger on his neck, there was a notable heartbeat but it was slow. 'Did her perhaps swallow some water from when we fell...?'

She proceeded to overlapped both her hands together in the center of Magma's chest. She applied little pressure on his chest, slowly but steady pumps as she was careful not to hurt his ribcage. At the first few tries, Magma did not move...which only meant one thing.

She lightly touched her lips, unsure about her next actions. Though she didn't seem like the type to be bothered by kissing someone, in fact, it did bother her a tad bit, especially on the lips. 'It doesn't count, does it? I mean...I'm just performing CPR...'

She shook her thoughts away, now tilting the head back and lifting his chin. Kai exhales a large sigh, pinching Magma's nose and angled his chin. Slowly, she began to lean her face down towards Magma's face...her lips parted as she was prepared to perform the CPR on the male. Just as she was about to close in on him when he began to suddenly cough, urging her to lean back with a startled look.
"H-Hey...!" Kai whispers, seeing as he was coughing up the water that was stuck inside his lungs, his body jerking upwards. She frowns at this, unable to ignore the negative thoughts that came surging through her head. What if she actually went on ahead and have left Magma like this? Kai silently scolded herself.

"Looks like you're fine...just don't make sudden movements and rest..."

She watched him slowly open his eyes, his turquoise eyes peering over towards her. She wasn't sure whether or not he recognized her but she didn't want to stay for too long. Not when the clock was ticking. With another sigh, Kai stands from her knelt position, now back facing him.

"I hope you learned your lesson Magma..." With one final glance at his direction, Kai immediately disappeared from his line of sight...leaving behind a now conscious Magma. He didn't move a muscle, nor did he try to move. Instead, he was so lost in his own thoughts...