The End Part.1

Six months have passed since both me and Carter started dating. Every moment I spent with him have been the happiest months of my life, and I have no idea how I would have spent it alone. As soon as our classes came to a close, me and him decided it would be best to move in together. It was a huge leap in our relationship, but so far it is totally worth it. He is my savior as I am to him. We have only returned from our two week vacation to Italy, when I had my eyes on a small silver wedding band. Of course, I know it's way to early to make it official.. but it wouldn't hurt to prepare it as a promise ring. I knew from the beginning, our first date, that he is the one for me. My missing puzzle piece. I know Carter feels the same. He always told me he loved me, saying his feelings for me are mutual. I don't hesitate to believe him.

For the bad news... several deaths have been happening around the two of us, making us quite fearful. Who knew which one of us are next? Carter could be an upcoming victim, and I might not be there to save or protect him. I vow to try.

Back in Italy, I would tally the murders along a sheet of paper. Marking every single person whos life was lost. In our hometown there were the majority of them, consisting of the two we knew so well. But as we traveled out of the country, the deaths followed us. I could only pray that we aren't the targets.

But it's so likely--

I also noticed something off about Carter. It started the moment we moved into our apartment together. He would, run off, disappear for a few hours, telling me it was an important task of his. I can't lie, a small (and I mean small) part of me wondered, thought, he could be involved with the loss of those lives.

I still remember the night I came to the conclusion. It was only seven pm, a few minutes till eight, when Carter came stumbling through the door. His eyes were baggy, red and tired, as he slumped a large bag onto the floor. At this point, my suspicions piled on top of the other, and my percentage of accusing him only rose from there. So, that night he passed out, I dug through his equipment.

Files, tons of them, fell into my hands. All were connected towards the missing people. My heart started racing, for what were these for?

One paper stood out to me--

Who is behind it?

There was no doubt about it, it was his hand writing. He was trying to solve them. I released a long sigh, and cuddled Carter close to me that night.

It was only a small phase. I still regret even assuming those chances. Carter would never be included, he is only trying to save us. To make sure whoever it is can be stopped. I made sure to never open my mouth about it in front of him, as every time he left the house I gave a quick goodbye kiss, knowing for a fact it's definitely for an important reason.

Another issue we deal with constantly, is my black outs. I lost count on the many times I escaped our place, waking up in an alley or in someone's yard. Sometimes I even wake up in a stranger's house, whenever I'm found passed out nearby they are nice enough to take me in. Carter is a nervous wreck when these occur, but he had no idea how to stop it. All he could do was make sure I always have my phone near me, so I'm able to contact him if I'm unaware of my location. It has crossed my mind several times on what my body does as I lose consciousness. Maybe it's my lost self, trying to find his way back home. Back to where I was before going to the college. Back when I knew my old friends... and my ex. There was still no update on who he even was. I tried not to think of it too much, as it causes large headaches to form. There are even the nights I have nightmares. Carter wakes up during the occurrence and helps me overcome them. He never leaves me to suffer at night, and whenever I wake up sweaty and in tears, he is there to comfort me.