Tuesday

The day was hot, burning my exposed skin as I lay my back against the heated sand. I watch the waves clash together, thinking on how we got to this moment. To be with my lovely husband, and our two beautiful children running around building sand castles.. it was almost hard to believe.

"Hey babe, brought you something." Two bare feet stop in my line of vision, causing me to look up. It brought a smile to my face as I made eye contact with my other half. "Thought you could use a cold drink. You look hot." He snickers handing over the cold juice, "Well.. hotter than usual." As I snap open the drink, he plops down beside me, opening his own.

"Thanks hun." I take a long drawn out sip of my drink before pulling it away from my mouth, sighing.

"It felt like yesterday when we met. To think we're here now... I think I'm dreaming." It surprises me a bit to hear Carter bring up our past. It was a tough journey.. for the both of us. I take another sip, running a hand through my now dark black hair. "I was such a jerk back then.."

"Not gonna lie.. you kind of were." I ignore his offended gasp and continue, "but that's why I fell for you." I send him a smirk, causing his face to turn a light shade of red.

"To be honest.. I think from the very beginning I liked you. I just didn't want to face reality."

"Doesn't surprise me. I'm a pretty lovable guy."

"Shut up you." He smirks and glances at my lips before leaning in. It was a quick kiss but you can tell it holds so much meaning. "I love you."

"Love you too." I return, wrapping my arm loosely around his shoulder. We set down out drinks and lean up on one another, watching our family enjoy the beach.

Everything I could ever want... and it's here right in front of me.

Right here...

"Time to get up."

What?

As I open my eyes to my blaring alarm clock, it hit me. This is the cruel reality. No marriage life, no family. But-

"Mmm..." My eyes move down towards the shifting body on top of me. Carter... I can't help but mentally freak out as I shut off the alarm. The boy I... love.. is laying with me, the day AFTER kissing me. WHILE sober. I giggle like a little girl as I watch him rub his cheek up against my chest. If he confessed to liking me last night... does that mean we're an item? I raise my right hand up around him, to play with his hair gently. To think it has gotten to the point of dreaming of a future together- I'm definitely in love. So in love, that it can't be healthy.

Ding~

"Huh?" I pause my hand action and look over at my phone. The notification sound is the one for the news.. so something new must've came up. I'm always interested in the things going on around me, but ever since the disappearances.. I must keep looking.

I reach over to grab my phone, being careful not to cause Carter to stir, and open the app.

Three kids missing in the span of three weeks

Three..? Wasn't it two?

I pull Carter closer, almost as if the moment I scroll down he would disappear and I would see his name on this list. No matter how weak I am... I will not allow anyone to hurt him.

I take in a soft shaky breath, and scroll down to continue.

Two kids who've gone missing recently have now officially ran up to three since yesterday. A young man at the age of 28, Matthew Parks, has turned up missing and was last seen in the men's dorm room up at Star University where the other two students had attended. Most believe this is the work of a homicide and are currently on the case to figuring out-