Monday

I did not feel up to leaving my bed in the morning. The night previous was something I felt guilty for, like very guilty. I wasn't the reason he jumped me and he's the one who forced it on me, but I still can't hold back that gut feeling. What will he think of the hickey? What if he remembers and then ditches me because he thinks I forced it on him instead of the other way around? Ugh— this is going to be the death of me.

As much as I wanted to lay around, I had to get up. With such fragility, I move Carter off of me so I could slip out to get ready for practice. He shuffled around a bit until he got comfortable— his back now facing me. Thank god he's currently a heavy sleeper. I do not want to talk to sober Carter. At least not now.

I move to the bathroom after grabbing simple clothes. Clothes that will cover my cuts that is. My body is something not meant to look at yet, not until it's healed to my likability. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and scrub my teeth until brushed throughly, quickly rinsing out my mouth before leaving to grab my bag full of my stuff for practice.

I throw my bag over my shoulder and peak over at Carter. I could hear light snores coming from him which brings a smile on my face. Even if we aren't friends after this, i'm glad to know him. I jump to my alarm going off on my phone. I pull it out of my pocket and turn it off glancing at Carter— he's still sleeping. Good. I pocket it and dash out the door, after I slip on some shoes.

••••———••••

Once I entered the locker room, everyone turns to me. My gaze falls on all of them and I can't help but raise an eyebrow. What a great way to say hello.

"Yes..?" Half the group turn back to their own objectives while others whisper among each other. What the hell was that? Is it because of that day I wasn't here? Or my weird change of clothes? I groan releasing that stress I held in since this morning and speed walk to my locker. Just ignore them Liam.

Once I open my locker I look at my clothes. Short sleeve shirt... right. I pull out the plain white shirt and stare down at it. Do I throw it on? I don't want anyone seeing my cuts... I look over next to me to see Matthew absent. Is he sick? Hungover? He was quite drunk at the party, poor thing. I laugh at that— and that's when he walks in. He indeed looks like shit as he stumbled over holding his head. Once again, everyone turns to look at both me and him. He stops in front of his locker before looking at me— his eyes puffy.

"Hungover?" I laugh— I throw my shirt back in there and pull out my shorts instead. He nods opening his locker as well.

"Drank too much..."

"I know— you were clinging onto me trying to force alcohol down my throat." I pull down my pants and slip on the shorts. I Place my pants into my locker and look over at Matthew— who was looking at me. He was flushed. "Something wrong?"

"Can— I talk to you?" I tilt my head. What would he want to talk about?

"Sure, Matt. What is it?" He bites his lip, and looks around. Wow— I just noticed everyone left already. How long has it been?

"I... I haven't told anyone yet. And, I trust you." I nod along. I could tell he was trying his hardest to not make eye contact. "I don't know what this feeling is— since i've been with girls most of my time here..." I felt my eyes get bigger. Don't tell me... is he gay? Why— only a few days go by and everyone turns gay. "I thought for years that I would find the right girl eventually... but for some reason I have stronger feelings around guys more than girls lately.."

"You're gay." I instantly shut my mouth as he looked towards me with shock. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to interrupt." He shakes his head.

"No— I guess I believe you... and.. would you be okay with... I don't know... dating me..?"