2020 note

I'd like to put a disclaimer here. In regards to the immortals. There are many readers and commenters with very valid statements, hopefully this will address some of them.

The book contains themes of violence, rape, physical abuse, emotional abuse, manipulation, and overall themes that most people would not like to read about.

This book is not edited, barely even read twice over. Unfortunately I didn't really have a lot of time for writing.

This book was  kind of a response to the hundreds of werewolf fan fiction that had the story plot of a "dominant Alpha" character who generally is " mean and controlling" towards their female counterpart. Normally she starts of hating him but then the magical mate bond and unmatched good looks win her over and they live happily ever after.

Now I took this concept and wanted to do the complete opposite. The perpetual happily NEVER after.

Caine abuses Lila because he does not love her and no mate bond would ever change that for him. Lila stays because she has no where else to go.  Lila stays because Caine forces her to, he forces her to do a lot of other things as well.

I've read many times how the male character treats the female poorly and within a few chapters all of she seems to forget as soon as he starts to pay attention to her.

In this book, Caine abuses Lila, she recognizes, he doesn't stop, and she continues to have extreme difficulties actually wanting to be with him. As it should be when someone mistreats you. Lila is not a strong person, neither is Caine, but they represent everything that is not "perfect".

Are they shitty characters? Probably yes.

Was the point of writing this book to demonstrate a loving werewolf couple? No.

This book doesn't even posses any of the qualities a good storyline should have.

I wrote this book to be a complete opposite of a typical werewolf fanfic. The nature of the book is to be frustrating. It was the sole intention of why it was written in the first place.

Could the story have real potential? Probably yeah again. I could rewrite it with a developing plot and actual character growth. And who knows, maybe I will.

Finally, this book was not intended to finish on a good note. It was not meant to resolve.

And just because I can... since it's been years since I first published this book, I have decided to revise it yet again. Stay tuned for a finished, edited, and possibly published version of The Immortals. It will be released December 28, 2020 and will contain 2 parts.

I would like to apologize to anyone who was triggered by the content in this book. It does not glorify or justify abuse in any form. These are characters who DO NOT overcome their challenges and that is all they are.

Caine and Lila will forever be examples of how to not treat your partner.