Chapter 26

UNEDITED

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

(Note: A reminder that the remaining chapters of this book are un revised and unedited. Beware of any discrepancies, shitty plot line, and lack of character development. One day they will be rewritten, I promise.)

Chapter 26 (r)

" Lila," Caine said through gritted teeth and before I could react he had reached for the back of my vest and grabbed me, lifting me off the ground, " get back inside to the safe-houses "

I shook my head, grumbling, I hated it when he he dangled me off the ground, I felt like a child who was too short to sit without a booster seat. I crossed my arms and glared at him, kicking my legs, "let me down." I hissed and moved my gaze from him to a little flapper demon that was entering the clearing.

Caine clenched his jaw and shook his head, his eyes changing from blue to black. He took a deep breath in through his nose, " Lila, please will you go back..."

Recently I had been noticing that he was losing his shit more often that not, allowing his wolf to gain the upper hand and it was starting to worry me. Ever since our last argument where I accused him of lying and he told me to grow up. His mood swings had gotten worse than usual and I was worried he wouldn't be able to concentrate on fighting.

Not because I was worried about my own safety, but if he was too crazy to properly fend of the next wave of demons we were going to have problems.

" You need my help out here Caine, I can help you," I told him again as he lowered me back to the ground just in time him to throw a knife into the back of a passing demon.

With the big cat-like demons attacking the Rake Pack, we were the only thing between their goal of ripping them to shreds and we sure as hell needed all the help we could get.

One with beady little eyes took a lunge at Caine and clamped its jaws into his arm. I winced as his blood started flowing and my own arm started to tingle. The skin bond that he had performed on our ribcages allowed me to feel whatever physical inflictions he felt. To a certain extent at least.

Caine brought his blade through the demons neck, black sludge splattered everywhere. He gave me another look, " I would really fucking like it if you went inside Lila," he seethed, "you'll be safer in the houses."

I scoffed, " I'm fine." I quickly dogged a flying demon-cat head and ran into the middle of the fight.

"Lila!" He roared after me.

I tried not to look back at him. I knew he was angry, he didn't like to admit it but he didn't want me out fighting because I was a distraction for him.

I shook my head and hid behind a tree, readying myself for the demons I could see picking around only a few yards in front of me.

~

" Jesus fucking Christ that hur-"

I pinched the skin on either side of Alec's wound and stuck the needle through. He tensed up and gritted his teeth. I threaded the needle through again and sighed through my teeth, my hands were shaking. Usually the quickened werewolf healing would have had his cut already healing, but the demon who had gashed through him had been coated in poison. 

The wound had festered and looked severely infected when Alec had made it back. I barely had enough time to clean it and scrape the venom out before the side affects began to take over.

"It's my birthday birthday birthday what? Almost three hundred four hundred five-fuuuuckkk-"

Alec's hallucinated conversation with himself ended abruptly as I poured more alcohol over the wound.