Chapter 4.5

All rights reserved- Arrihanna

I sighed from my spot on the stairs and listened intently the voices coming from around the corner.

Next to the training arenas were what I figured were debriefing rooms, or offices of some type. Whatever they were, Caine, Alec, and a small group of other pack members could be found in them for the majority of the day throughout the week. I wanted to know what they were talking about that was so secretive.

From my spot I could also hear the warriors in the arenas, who sounded like they had made a competition over who could bench press the highest reps. The noise they were creating was making it difficult to pick up what the group was saying in the closed room.

"Dammit" I hissed out quietly. A couple weeks had passed since Caine has so graciously taken me on the demon raid. I had only seen him once since then when he passed by my room while Marlee brought up dinner.

I had been lounging around that day, completely useless after my morning workout. That's all I had been doing to pass the days, morning run on the treadmill machine and then weights and occasionally Alec would let me in the weapons storage.

I was going crazy to say the least. As soon as I saw him pass my door I bolted upright.

"Caine!" I shouted.

Marlee made a noise, placed the dinner tray down and stood awkwardly, looking like she was in the wrong place.

Caine met my gaze as I stood in the doorway, hands on my hips. Asserting my dominance yes.

Whatever I was going to say I forgot immediately as his sky blue eyes began to darken as he looked me over.

"Lillianna." He grunted.

"I-"
Truth be told I didn't know what to say to him. I felt like I wanted to scream at him, for locking me up, for ignoring me, for not letting me shift. Letting me lead a pointless existence.

"No foul words for me today little mate?" He sneered, a sadistic smirk starting to spread across his face.

I could feel my face heat in embarrassment. I found myself uncomfortable as he stared at me, scanning me over. What was he looking at? My fingers tugged up the zipper on my jacket out of habit.

Some type of emotion flickered across his face before a hard grimace settled.

"Is my time out almost over?" I said, sarcasm dripping from my tone.

I was prepared for him to say no. To tell me to go back in my room and not come out, or that he doesn't want to see me around the castle. His hands tensed and stretched and he scratched his neck.

He was quiet for a moment. "Since your heat will start soon and you will have to stay in your room for the duration of that, I'll allow you outside."

Thank god.

I stopped myself from doing a happy dance.

"Finally!" I said to Marlee, who was grinning back at me.

"Let's go Marlee. His majesty has allowed us out."

Caine growled and rolled his eyes at me before turning on his heal and leaving down the hall, muttering about disrespect.

I smirked and started after him. I think I was in shock that he had allowed me to go outside. Actually I was in shock that he had even spoken to me without threatening violence like he normally did.

After he had stared at me for so long, silently judging, I was waiting for the next insult or sexist comment to be sent my way.

Before I reached the stairs, I heard him call out.