Chapter 15

All rights reserved

CHAPTER 15 (r)

"Lila."

I awoke with a start and glanced groggily around the room. Caine was there, standing at the foot of my bed with his arms crossed. His usually large muscles bulging even more than regularly. Caine's normal scowl stared disapprovingly down at me.

I groaned, praying that whatever I did wrong could wait until tomorrow... or forever.

" Yes Caine?" I asked while pulling my shirt down-back over my exposed stomach. It had ridden up during the night and I noticed Caine eyeing my belly. I pushed hair out of my face and prepared to get yelled at.

Honestly, at this point it was kind of a game. What had I done this time? I don't know but whatever it was, Caine always managed to find something.

I raised by eyebrow, letting him know that I was ready to hear what he had to say.

I was not expecting-

" It's time," he said bluntly and before I could even comprehend what the heck he said, he turned to leave.

I quickly pushed my covers off and stood up, " Wait! What do you mean? What time is it?" I asked hurriedly while throwing some pants on and following him.

Fricken Caine. Of course he would say something completely out of nowhere and then leave without telling me what he was talking about.

Like, thanks. I really wanted to know that it was time for something but not know what that something is.

I kept asking as I chased him down.

He didn't answer me until we were down three flights of stairs and in the training room.Which was packed full of warriors, all dressed in black and carrying weapons.

"Oh... It's time for that..."

I left Caine and went to get dressed in my clothes. Alec threw me a black padded vest. I raised an eyebrow at him, "It's getting cold out," he shrugged. I put it on and began strapping weapons on.

Two thin knives hid in between my ankle and my boot on my left leg, I sheathed my katana blades on my back and fit the slim supplies pack over top of them. I carried two guns on me- one attached to my hip, and the other  so small it fit in a holster on the outside of my thigh, right above the knee. A sheath on each wrists fits a small needle like knife. My pack was filled  with my necessities, lady products, and a variety of pain killers. All things men would never think of bringing. And finally I loaded my vest with throwing knives.

I rode with Caine, Alec, Ryan , Carter, James and Ben. They each carried a similar pack to mine on their backs. No one said anything the whole ride, we drove in silence to the edge of the clearing. The Cave looked the same as it did the last time we were there.

Caine kept glancing disapprovingly at me and I wondered what kind of internal debate was going on in his head. 

It was a long process getting up the ledge. First, of course, went Caine, then Alec, six other guys, and then after several failed attempts to scale the rocks myself  Ryan finally pulled me up. The cave was large and deep, just like I remembered. The stench of rotting flesh and rotten eggs stung my nose.

I saw Cain and Alec pull out flashlights. I tried to get a look at the front and see where we were going but the pack suddenly jolted forward and started on a fast run. I was almost trampled but I managed to escape from under a big burly guy who barely glanced down at me. I stared running at the back of the pack.