Chapter 11

So here it is! Sorry for the long wait.
Enjoy!

Chapter11

"Caine, Caine, Caine. OPEN THE DOOR CAINE," I yelled at his bedroom door and knocked rapidly on it. I heard him growl from the inside.

The door swung open and I was face to face with Caine. Well more like face to chest but that's totally irrelevant.

"Finally... What's your problem man, I've been banging on this door for an hour," I said exasperated.

" I was just thinking that maybe if I waited longer, you would leave," he growled sourly.

I gave him a look.

"Now...what the fuck do you want from me Lila, I already told you to stay out of my way," he told me.

I rolled my eyes. He'd been acting like a child for the past few weeks and it was starting to grate on my nerves.
"Why are you so miserable?"

His face hardened and he looked at me sternly.

"I'm worried for your safety. You haven't been trained properly and I don't want you getting killed by a demon."

I gazed up at him, widening my eyes to make it look like a appreciated his concerns.

"Lies," I said bluntly," you don't care about my safety, you're just jealous that I'm out there and you're not."

Although I had been wondering why he wasn't at all effected by the mate bond that I knew stretched between us. As children we were exposed to what the bond did and everything he was doing, or not doing, was contradicting everything I'd ever learned. The whole ordeal was extremely unnerving.

Even me, I felt the connection but in no amount that I'd heard others felt it. The only time that he'd ever let me know anything was when we first met and he had told me the his power overrode the mate bond.

I never asked anything else on it and honestly was beginning to care less and less. Caine and I were at an alright spot.

He avoided me most of the time, sometimes ordering me to eat with him. If turn down his offer to which he'd be angry and then ignore me for days.

This cycle continued for a short while and although it wasn't the most pleasant way of life, there was no harm and foul.

I hadn't addressed the  forced mating and every time I wanted to, my stomach churned and I backed down. The word rape flashed in neon letters across my eyes but I was too afraid to say it aloud. Too ashamed.

I scanned Caine's room, the area in which he had been inhabiting since his trial. It was a mess, liquor bottles and food trays were scattered everywhere along with piles of papers and one of his walls was glittered all over with knives- all stuck to the hilt. My eyes narrowed in on his head bored, it was covered completely in claw marks, some scratched so deep You could see the inside of the wooded pattern.

I glanced at Caine again who lounging on his bed, going through some sort of paperwork.

I began peeling of my hunting gear. It was sweaty and covered in icky demon blood.

Caine eyed me as a pulled off the last bits of the over clothes, leaving me in a t-shirt and leggings.

Before I could pull up one of the chairs in his room so that I could sit and tell him about the demons we found he growled lowly at me.