Chapter 35

all rights reserved/2016

Unedited!

THE IMMORTALS

Chapter 35

Dr. Gage Knox shut the door of the small medical room and faced Caine. He clicked his pen and sighed.

Caine cleared his throat, " she's healing perfectly fine right?"

The doctor shook his head, " she will be fine... Eventually," he sat down at his desk and beckoned for Caine to sit.

" I need to know everything," He said. Caine looked at him oddly.

" For me to understand her condition you need to tell me what kind of physical and emotional trauma she's bin through. Because she's been  abused for way longer than two months."

Caine looked way more uncomfortable than he should have.

Gage had no clue clue what Lila had been through but he knew it couldn't have been good. Caine didn't really seem like the perfect mate to him, he wasn't sure what to expect.

Caine gave him an angry look, " I don't have to tell you that information," he growled, "what goes on between me and my mate is none of your damn business," he went to stand up.

It was Gage's turn to growl, " Alpha Collins, I'm not judging you. But in order for me to help her I need to know everything," he slammed his pen down and glared at Caine.

Caine looked like he wanted to rip his throat out, but soon enough he sighed and sat back down.

" Fine. If you tell anyone this I will not hesitate to kill you and your family."

Dr. Gage swallowed. He wasn't quite expecting that reaction.

Caine looked uncomfortable as he scratched the back of his neck. "Where should I start..."

"At the beginning."

Caine rung his hands together, " Uhh...her family died when she was eighteen-a couple years ago. She started killing Alphas of surrounding packs on orders of her Alpha, she didn't really seem fazed by it when I found h-"

Gage nodded, " for the last few years she's been struggling with the loss of her parents probably- she tried to fill it with something, was angry, started killing... Ok proceed."

Caine gave him a look and kept going, " I ahh... Found her about a year ago, I inducted her into my pack-"

" Did she want to be inducted?" The Dr asked.

There was a moment before Caine replied. He clenched his fists, "... No... I did it without her permission."

Dr Gage nodded and sighed.

Caine kept on going,"we had a rough relationship from then on. She was always arguing and fighting with me. Constantly disrespecting me-"

" Did you treat her well?"

Caine narrowed his eyes at the interruption, he clenched his jaw to keep from yelling at the doctor.

" She needed to learn a lesson or two in obedience, but we moved past it-"

" Did you hit her?"

The was a deafening silence as Caine balled his fists.

"Yes."

"So this girl who lost her parents,her old life and who was trying to adjust to new pack life- you thought it would be smart to physically abuse her to get what you wanted?" The Dr's tone was dry and condescending and Caine wished he had never asked for help.