Chapter 12 Pt2

All rights reserved

(This part has never been seen before!)

Chapter 12 Part 2 (r)(n)

Marlee

The first day that Lila, Caine and Alec were away at Royals west, Marlee was summoned down to work in the kitchen.

With Lila not there she needed something to do. Mrs. Red who was the boss and overseer of all maids and helping hands had assigned her to make sure all the food was served properly, and that it made it out to the table.

For the most part the kitchen had spells that prepared most of the food, but they still had a few people working in them. Apparently now, Marlee.

She hated dinner time though, it took so long. Because there were so many warriors, they couldn't all eat at once. So they ate in waves. Higher ranks first, lower later.

Marlee was technically what people would call a "parlour Maid". She would be the one to serve guests in the fancy sitting room, because she was pretty to look at. Of course though, that would be her position if she worked in a normal household in like the 1700s maybe.

Only this was no normal household.

She was by far the youngest of the castle staff, only coming to work for Caine because she had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. She'd seen too much and because of this, was offered a job- or be killed.

She figured it couldn't have been that bad.

Marlee had no clue just how bad it would be. She had worked for 4 months before Lila arrived and praised the day that she had been put in charge of taking care of her.

The best part about it was that Lila needed less of someone to take care of her and more of someone to talk to.

And thus- Marlee had made a friend.

It wasn't that the warriors hadn't tried to make a friend out of her. Oh no, not the case. Every single day someone tried to invite her to their bed and every day, one of the other warriors would tell them to leave her alone before she could even say no.

She was fine with it though, the last thing she wanted was to sleep with them.

But Marlee did stand out amongst the others and being the only really young female,  it made her nervous. It was risky for Mrs. Red to let her serve the men. She could have easily been taken advantage of and no one would be able to help her against them.

Nonetheless Mrs. Red told her to smooth her dress down and pour the warriors their drinks.

By the end of the night Marlee had been pinched, prodded, and groped. One of them even slapped her on the ass. She wanted to curl up in on her bed and cry.

She let out a  sigh she didn't know she was holding when the last warrior stumbled out of the dining room. And just as she pulled off her apron Red called out to her.

"The Delta wishes you to bring his food up to his quarters," Mrs Red clicked.

Marlee was still trying to get over how she talked, it was like she was living in medieval times or something. It weirded Marlee out too when they referred to some of the warriors by their pack rank.

"Delta.. just call him Ryan for the love of god" she grumbled under her breath.

Mrs Red gave her a disapproving look and handed her a tray.