Chapter 25.5(bonus)

All rights reserved

Chapter 25 and a half (r)(new)

   Caine had another really big bout of his "sickness", which is what I called it when he had his coughing fits where the black sludge plagued his body and made him vomit. It was a few weeks later and I had spent most of my day inside and bored.

Besides the daily training and one two hour shift I got patrolling outside, I didn't have anything to do. More often than not, Caine left me by myself to find and do whatever, as long as it wasn't bothering him or going outside unguarded. Which really sucked because that left me wondering around the castle, occasionally reading or weapons training, but never actually doing anything useful.

It was 11 o'clock at night and I waited restlessly in Caine's room, following his evening curfew he had in place. I wasn't tired. How could I be? I lazed around for most of the day, wondering and doing nothing. I felt as if I hadn't argued with Caine in forever, much less talk to him. I was in his room way before my curfew, contemplating all the ways I could get him riled up.

So I roasted myself on the fire wearing only my socks and a big t- shirt. With the weather cooling off I found myself more and more staring blankly into the fireplace and warming my ass.

Pathetic, I know.

This is where I was when Caine stumbled through the door, slamming it behind and shoving the bathroom door open.

I listened in disgust as he wretched his guts into the toilet, and with my buns nicely toasted I left the fireplace and treaded my way to the bathroom. I flicked on the fan and hopped up onto the counter, my legs dangling off the side.

"What's up, honey?"

Caine's eyes met mine and flashed with annoyance, and panic, as he heaved again.

I watched the muscles in his neck flex and scrunched my nose, any plans with Caine tonight that I had to cure my restless boredom was thrown out the window.

He stoop up, his hair also sticking straight up, and winced out he rinsed his mouth with water and mouthwash. Caine's eyes followed me the whole time.

"What's got you all sick again?" I asked and jumped down off the counter, following back to the bedroom where he stripped off his shirt and pants and collapsed on the bed.

He grunted, "nothing. I'm fine."

I rolled my eyes at his typical answer and stood next to him. He didn't protest when I pressed my hand to his forehead.

"Caine, I don't know how but you have a fever. Should I call someone..." I trailed off because I didn't know who could help him. Werewolves, especially ones like Caine, didn't get common sicknesses, our body's rapid healing never allowed them to stick.

Caine coughed and shook his head, " no. Just lay down and go to sleep, I'll be fine. I'm not sick."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Well if your not sick I was thinking you and I could have some fun tonight," I said seductively. Well, as seductively as you can say that sentence to someone who threw up in front of you just moments before.

I heard Caine's breathing falter for a moment before he turned to the other side and pulled back the covers.

"Strip and get in the bed," he growled lowly.

But I could tell that he was either too nauseous or tired to even sit up so I sighed, shut the lights off, and crawled under the covers with my shirt on.