A Dance to Remember Part 1 (VariousxPrincess!Reader)

A/N: Holy moly, this book has over 41k reads and almost 1.5k votes! All thanks to you my lovely readers! <3 People have still been adding this book to their reading lists and voting, so thank you so much for keeping this one-shot book alive :D

On another note, it's been almost 2 years since I last updated this. Yikes! I'm very sorry it's been so long. Life and being unmotivated are the reasons for such a long hiatus. And I can't promise I'll be updating regularly, but I think it's time to start getting back into the swing of things.

This is part one of reaching my 50th one-shot! I'm excited to share it with you guys. I will at least be making a second part, possibly 3, cause this was a little over 2800 words.

So for this one, you are the princess of the Kingdom of Iwatobi. And of course the main boys are princes {if you couldn't already tell by the picture ;)} The pic was actually part of what inspired me to write this. The other thing that inspired this has to do with the plot, so I'll save that explanation for later. Don't want to spoil too much.

Let's get on with the show then. Here is part one of the 50 chapters special. Hope you'll enjoy, and that the wait was worth it.
_______________________________

The Kingdom of Iwatobi. A small kingdom compared to others that sits along the sea. A great place to find fresh fish sold at market. Clear waters for sailing, surfing, and swimming, and beautiful sandy beaches to just relax and enjoy the sun. The best time to do such activities is during the late spring into summer.

You are the princess of said kingdom. The king, Goro Sasabe, took you in from a young age and raised you to be a princess since he didn't have any kids of his own.

You didn't have a very hard life before being adopted, but your parents had passed away from a boating accident. The people at the orphanage were very kind and treated all their charges well.

That was one of the things you loved about your beloved kingdom. Everyone was so nice and most never treated you differently as the princess. Iwatobi was the nicest place in your opinion.

The residents could live how they chose without having to worry about high taxes. Anyone was welcome to voice any concerns with one of the king's advisors, sometimes getting a meeting with King Sasabe if they couldn't be resolved otherwise.
______________________________

Today was your 18th birthday and there was going to be a huge ball. The ball was being held not only to celebrate your birthday, but as a means for you to choose your future husband. Princes from the neighboring territories in Iwatobi were coming.

Your adopted father came up with the great idea (in his opinion) out of the blue. He wanted your coming of age celebration to be one for the ages. And he certainly liked his lavish parties.

Each prince was to present you with a different colored rose and share a dance with you. Near the end of the party you would make your choice. It would be announced that same night after the festivities.

You didn't mind the king's idea. In fact, it actually sounded quite fun. It had been a while since you had met each prince, so you were looking forward to seeing what they were like now.

After the finishing touches to your hair were made, you gave a twirl in front of the full length mirror in your bedroom. You wore a beautiful (favorite style) party gown, and your hair done just the way you liked it with a diamond encrusted tiara/headband. After your hem settled, you smiled to yourself in the mirror.

"Looks like someone is excited," came your father's voice from the doorway. You turned to him, your smile widening. It must have been contagious for he smiled back.