Jealous (RinxReader)

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I've been trying to update every weekend but I ended up falling behind. I will try and do every week or every two weeks.

Anyway, a second Rin one-shot in the line up requested by @hithequann. Also, thank you to my readers for getting my book to over 200 reads!

I hope everyone enjoys this one-shot!

____________________________________________________________

It was that time of year again. Time for the Hachiman-sama festival in Iwatobi. This time you were going with a date. Your boyfriend, Rin.

Your mother was helping you with your yukata, and she was currently tying your obi. You hadn't worn one last year because you didn't have anyone to go with other than your parents. Last year you had worn a dress that had resembled a kimono but without the sleeves or complicated obi. It had a simple tie in the back for a bow.

"There, I'm all done. Turn so I can look at you." You did as your mother instructed and in response she let out a small gasp. "You look beautiful (F/n)." She gave you a smile and it looked like she was about to cry. "All you need is a pretty hair style." She had you turn a second time so she could do your hair.

Once finished she had put your hair into (favorite, elegant style). To complete the look she added a hair barrette studded with little diamonds. You gave one more turn and smiled at your mom.

"Thank you kaachan!" and you gave her a hug. As you let go, the doorbell rang. "That must be Rin," you said excitedly. You couldn't wait for him to see you so formally dressed up.

"Go and have fun. But be sure to stay safe," she reminded you.

"I will." You grabbed your small drawstring bag and gave your mom another hug and a small kiss on the cheek. Then you headed to the front door to greet Rin. You opened the door after slipping on your geta (wooden sandals), and greeted the redhead with a big smile.

When you opened the door Rin's eyes went wide at seeing you in your yukata. It was (favorite color) with (favorite design) on the bottom and the sleeves, with a (color) obi to match.

"You look...hot," he complimented.

Your cheeks flushed crimson from embarrassment because you knew your mom was most likely listening. "D-don't say things like that when my parents are around," you responded, closing the door behind you.

"Well it's the truth. You should dress up for me more often," and he gave you a cocky smirk. You retaliated by hitting him lightly on the arm.

"Let's just start heading to the festival." You grabbed his hand with the same hand you hit him with.

The way to the shrine was packed with people going to enjoy the festivities. The attendees ranged from young to old, formally dressed to casually dressed, and families and groups to people by themselves. Seeing all the people dressed in yukatas whether male or female made you look to Rin. You were a little disappointed. You would have liked seeing him in a yukata.

But he still looked good in the clothes he did decide to wear. He was dressed in a black polo with a red collar and dark gray dress pants and shoes to match. The red really seemed to bring out his eyes.

"What do you want to do first?" you asked Rin. Usually it was him to ask you, but you wanted to give him the opportunity to decide.

"You said you've never gotten one of those goldfish from the scooping game, right?"

"Mhm."

"Let's go there then." So the two of you found the stall where you could play the game. Upon seeing all the swimming fish, your face donned a happy smile. Rin loved the way your (color) eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas.