Butterfly Collector (MomoxReader)

A/N: Hello everyone! Hope you all are well. So here is the Momo one-shot request I mentioned at the end of the last one. It was requested by charlieXtheXwriter. I hope you like it!

I've included a photo of the butterfly you are trying to find. I looked up butterflies that can be found in Japan and it was one I thought was really cool and pretty. It can usually be found in tropical areas, but in Australia, they were able to introduce them to a subtropical urban area, so I figured the same could be done in this one-shot.

Also just a quick note. As I'm posting this, my book has been ranked 38 in free. Not bad for there being 1.7k stories in the category!

I hope you all enjoy!

_______________________________

It was a bright, clear day, and just the right temperature. It wasn't too hot with a gentle breeze blowing from time to time. The perfect weather for bug hunting. For butterflies that is.

You've loved butterflies ever since you were little. The way they casually flew through the air, and their identical wings that came in all sorts of colors and patterns.

You and your mother would sit outside on the front porch and just watch the nature that surrounded you. There was a small garden just outside the front window that butterflies and other flying insects like bumblebees and ladybugs absolutely loved.

It was through watching them with your mom, and her telling you what she knew about butterflies, that started your fascination with the fluttering beings. They were graceful, beautiful, and fragile.

You also came to an understanding about other bugs. How everything works with each other in harmony in this chaotic world.

So in pursuit of your interests, you were currently at the nearby park looking for a butterfly species Aosuji-ageha, the blue line, or blue triangle butterfly. It is a swallowtail butterfly that has a triangular blueish-green band near the center of its wings that is bigger in the middle. The rest of the wings are either black or a dark brown. For a butterfly that was common, it sure was elusive.

The park was bordered by a street on one side and a sidewalk on the other behind some apartments. Trees lined either side at even intervals. There was a garden with different flowers and shrubs surrounding a fountain in the middle. Benches were scattered about for sitting and cooling off on hot days, seeing as they were placed under the shade of the trees.

The blue triangle butterfly was the main focus of your search, but you were also keeping an eye out for other butterflies and caterpillars. You decided to try and find some caterpillars first so you were looking at a tree.

On the one side of a large tree you saw other bugs: ants, a couple different kinds of beetles, and a roly poly or two. As you were about to check out the other side, you bumped into something firm, yet soft. When you looked up there was a boy with messy red-orange hair. The boy couldn't help but think the word "cute" as he stared at you briefly in shock.