Gold Medal Proposal (RinxReader)

A/N: AHHHHH! I'M SO SORRY READERS! IT'S BEEN ALMOST 7 MONTHS SINCE MY LAST UPDATE! I DON'T DESERVE TO BE A WRITER ON WATTPAD! I'M SO SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

*ahem* I was rewatching the original Fruits Basket, and then watched the 2019 anime and I couldn't help but channel Ritsu Sohma.

I really am sorry though it's been so long since my last update. And a sorry to SensitivePea specifically. I told you back in March Rin's turn was coming up soon. Nearly 7 months later is definitely not soon >.<

Thank you to Marizychan for asking for more Rin x Reader and asking how long it would take me to finish this. Because of that, I had a constant reminder in the back of my mind to get this done. I hope you like it! As well was the rest of you my lovely readers <3
_______________________________
♪♪ And I won't leave you/Always be true/One plus one, two for life/Over and over again- Over and Over Again by Nathan Sykes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You decided to study abroad for college so you followed Rin to Australia. That way the two of you could be together. And seeing the Outback would be an adventure. When you arrived, Rin showed you around to all the places he'd been as a kid.

Aside from where he trained for swimming, the best thing Rin showed you was this magnificent beach. The shore seemed to stretch for miles as did the horizon of crystal clear water.

He explained to you how he'd stand and look out at the sea and imagine he'd be able to swim to Japan. It made him feel like home was just a short distance away. You tried to envision a young Rin looking out at the water. The thought brought a smile to your lips.

Rin had managed to get a coach fairly early on in his college swimming career. The guy was a former swimmer himself, and well known in Russia. He had unruly blonde hair and facial stubble. His name was Mikhail Makarovich.

He had said he'd coach Rin because he liked his muscles. Mikhail was like an older male version of Gou. But the funniest thing about him was he used a lot of old Japanese slang. It was just too hilarious when he'd say them to you or Rin. And the looks he'd get from people when he'd visit Japan were priceless.

Through his coaching, Rin became a force to be reckoned with. He had qualified for the 100m butterfly at the All Japan Invitational in just his first year of college. And now Rin had finally achieved his dream. He was on the Australian Olympic team.

It took a lot of hard work and preparation for him to make it. You couldn't be any more proud of your boyfriend. The time came for Rin's first competition as an official member of the team. You were there to cheer him on.

The stadium was massive and a ton of people were in the stands already. You stared in awe at the large pool. It made your head spin just trying to take it all in.

The lights were bright and there were streamers with multicolored flags hanging from the massive glass ceiling. Camera flashes would go off from time to time as people wanted to capture the moment and take home proof that they had been there.

Because you were Rin's girlfriend, you got to have a front row seat next to the coach. He was surprisingly easy to spot. His messy hair was a dead giveaway. You walked over and greeted the older male. "Hi Coach Mikhail."

"Hey (F/n). Glad you could make it." He smiled as he patted you on the shoulder.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," you said with a beaming smile. You took your seat beside Mikhail and let out a sigh. "To be honest, I'm really nervous."

"What about Rin? He seemed pretty calm and fired up when I spoke to him."

"He isn't nervous at all. I think I'm nervous enough for the both of us." You chuckled a little. You recalled the conversation you had with the butterfly swimmer the night prior.
_______________________________
You and Rin made it back to the hotel after checking out the area and venue Rin would be swimming at earlier in the day. Well only Rin and Mikhail were allowed into the stadium, while you explored around the area.