"What makes you think that I'm one of those?"

"Ayakashi can sense other supernatural beings, like other Ayakashi, Wraiths, and Onmyoji."

"Jeno said he had no clue why you kept me back. Wouldn't he have told me then that he could sense me being an Onmyoji?" You argued.

"Jeno's a young Ayakashi, and so is Renjun, they're not as in tune to uh, 'supernatural radio.' Not to mention that your powers haven't awakened yet, so it'd be nearly impossible for them to sense it."

You circled back to the original question, not liking how much Johnny was dancing around it, "But why did you keep me back? I feel like there were safer options to tell me about all this stuff."

"I knew it'd be more believable if you saw the Wraiths yourself rather than some random dude spouting all this shit at you. Jeno using his own powers and bringing his wings out helped, too, but I didn't exactly plan on that."

"But you told me not to look."

"I tried a bit of reverse psychology, to mixed results."

Finally, you grabbed a cookie and sighed, "Alright..." before taking a big bite into it. It tasted even better than it smelled, and you nearly groaned at the warm chocolate melting over your tongue.

"And," Johnny sheepishly rubbed at the back of his neck again. "This reason isn't going to be as good, but I wanted to see if it would awaken your powers. You know, kind of like a fight or flight response."

"Oh," you deadpanned through a mouthful of cookie.

"Sorry."

"No, it's fine, it's fine."

Your most pressing question had been answered, even if that answer did just bring you more questions. But you couldn't formulate your doubts or anxieties into comprehensible thoughts, so you kept them to yourself for now. Instead, you went back to your list on your phone.

"So... uh, what kind of Ayakashi are you?"

"Domeki, 100-Eyed Demon."

That was a new one. Admittedly, every Ayakashi had been a new one to you.

You were still looking up at him when he smirked slightly, "You trying to figure out where my other 98 eyes are?"

"I figure you're in your human form right now, so they're not visible."

"Smart little lady. And they're not exactly eyes like these two, they kinda look like tattoos of eyes. A bit more stylish."

You finished off your cookie, "So, you said that Jeno and Renjun are too young to sense my powers, but you could. That means you're an older Ayakashi, right? That why Renjun calls you old man?"

"Even smarter than I thought."

"Thanks for answering my questions Johnny." Standing up from the stool, you grabbed another cookie, "Now, I have one more person on my list to talk to before my class today."

"You had a list?" He confirmed, probably amused by your thorough planning.

"You, Renjun, Jeno, and Sicheng. Sicheng's the only one left."

"Have fun interrogating Sicheng."

"I don't think either of us will be having a lot of fun."

"Take another cookie," he offered as you started towards the doorway.

You obliged, "Thanks."

"See you around, miss."

"See you, Johnny."