"The Council is starting to get suspicious," he argued. "They have found out that many werewolf warriors were gathered around the place of your kidnapping that day and they are suspicious if there was a war without their knowledge. They will think we are incompetent if they find out a single werewolf not only managed to kidnap our alpha but also outnumbered more than 50 of our best warriors?"

"Them thinking of us like that doesn't make us incompetent, Jeremiah. I cannot kill someone just because I couldn't catch him."

"People are talking, Fleur. Why don't you understand? Words that this pack has lost the capability to defend itself is going around. This directly affects you, Fleur." He paused for a bit.

"People of our own pack have started wondering if this pack is safe anymore, now that it is going under the rule of a female Alpha."

His words made my head snap towards him and my jaw clenched a bit. My heart beat fastened and insecurities began resurfacing.

Jeremiah continued speaking as he knew he had hit the nerve.

"You need to make a statement, Fleur. I am not asking you to kill him. Hit him, injure him, capture him. Demonstrate him to the people. Tell them, that if anyone tries to mess up with this pack, they will face severe consequences. If we let a person go in and out of our borders without permission, what reputation will we have left? We will become a joke. And we cannot have that.

The choice is yours, Fleur. Either you can let them tag you as a weak ruler even before you take the throne, or you can make them cheer for you, as you walk towards it."

<><><>

The next days following upto Monday were really difficult for me. I couldn't stop thinking about what Jeremiah had said to me. I was in a dilemma.

My morals were telling me to do things that were against my interest, and I didn't like that.

I even considered skipping work on Monday, but I felt like a coward doing so.

So I decided to suck it up and go. However, all the time on the way back home, I was praying to the Moon Goddess. I was praying for him to not appear in front of me.

I didn't want to hit him. I truly didn't.

"How are your limbs?" A voice suddenly said from behind me, making me stop in my track.

A chill went down my spine and my heart starting racing as I identified the voice.

I met him. Monday. Same time. Again.

Slowly, I turned around to see him standing in the same attire again. Not an inch of his face visible.

"Do you think this is a joke?" I said. "That you can just stroll into my land whenever you wish to?"

He was silent for a bit before he cocked his head to one side, as if assessing me.

"You seem... different today." He said. "You are not as angry as you usually are. You are more... conscious today."

I stayed silent.

"I don't think this is a joke." He said, afterwards. "Infact this is one of the most meaningful things I've ever done."

"Explain."

"I've already told you, I come to see my mate."

"You have to tell me who she is. I'm very serious. This is important. I promise I will help you."

"I can't. And you cannot help me. No one can."

"I can. I promise I can. You tell me for God's sake!" I was so frustrated at this point that my hands had started trembling and for some reason I felt like I was about to start sobbing.

He sighed. "My job is done. I guess I should leave, for now."

"Please, don't —" I stopped on my own as he started turning around and reality hit me.

The reality that he won't tell me anything. Not today, nor next Monday. The reality that we can never catch him like I wish to.

The reality that he will come again next week and this same conversation will repeat.

'People of our own pack have started wondering if this pack is safe anymore, now that it is going under the rule of a female Alpha.'

Jeremiah's words started ringing in my ears and my breathes became laboured.

My heart broke as I realised that I truly had no choice but to overlook my morals.

"I'm sorry," I whimpered, almost breaking into a sob, as I lifted up the knife I had hidden in my purse.

"I promise I didn't have a choice." I said as I aimed and threw the knife towards him.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ❤ YOUR COMMENTS MAKE ME SMILE LIKE CRAZY ❤

--- 1400 WORDS ---

**Add this story to your library to get a notification everytime I update**

Next update- will try to do daily updates for a while. Fingers crossed! 😁

Hello!!

I hope you liked the chapter!

1. What do you think will happen next?👀

2. Thoughts on Jeremia?

3. Do you really think Fleur had no other choice?

4. Reason why you hate Mondays 🤣
(Because I know you probably do)

Love you,
Take care! ❤

-Love_Yourself_10_x ❤