CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

I'll be out for a few days so I'm updating now ;)

A loooooong update just for you ;)

Next update? Next week again perhaps

(Hoping for 50 again) *silently wishes*

XOXO!

-Camilla Eldridge

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

"Aunt, can we go and play?" Danny asked. "Yes, but after aunt finished cooking okay?" I said. It was my third day here today. Danny is a really cute smart girl who loves her brother Gabby so much. Gabby is one year and three months old. He is often quiet and observant, and he loves to smile. He has this brown hair and silver eyes too. Plus his chubby cheeks that I have been biting hour per hour. He was not hard to really take care.

"Yes aunt" she said, fixing her dolls hair. "Good girl"

I was sneaking out from Vince. He has been going home late to finish his works for our vacation. I told him there was no need for the vacation, but he was persistent about it. He still didn't knew that I met Zach here, I am sure he will be furious about that.

"Dinner's ready." I shouted.

Danny came back at the kitchen while I get Gabby from his bed and settled him to the chair and gave him soft food to eat. I read that it was good for kids his age. "Do you eat veggies?"

"No she don't" Zach said, he just came home from work.

I looked back at Danny, "You should eat veggies Danny." I said softly. "Dad's spoiling you for not eating it doesn't he?" I accused while I was giving Gabby small bites that kept him wiggling his hands. He likes this food a lot.

"Daddy don't know how to cook. We always eat on fast food" She said, her voice was so cute. I wanted to really talk to her all day. I did not recognize her immediately that day because she was really a mixture of her mom and dad. I glared at Zac and he just shrugged. "It's hard to be a dad and mom at the same time."

That touched my heart.

"How long have you been here?" I asked, shifting the topic.

"About nine months now"

My jaw dropped. "And you've been eating fast food that long?" I asked. "That's not nutritious at all".

"It's delicious aunt. Could you cook other dishes?" Danny said, disturbing our conversation. She was a charmer. I smiled at her, even forgot what Zach and I has been talking about.

"Yes baby" I proudly said, feeling like a real mom.

"Can you cook again for me?" her eyes were pleading, batting her long eye lashes real cute!

"Baby, didn't we talk about this? We will not disturb auntie right?" Zach lectured.

"I will of course" I batted in. I looked at him, giving him an assuring nod to say it was fine, then looked back at the cute little girl beside me. "But only if you will finish your food and eat those veggies."

"I will auntie!" She said enthusiastically and started eating again.

When I was sure Danny and Gabby was asleep, I looked for Zach, finding him at the porch, having a bottle of beer.

I seated beside him, waiting for him to talk. "I'm planning to go back to the Philippines after this school year. Just finishing their studies" he said, breaking the silence.

"It's hard to have two toddlers while you're alone" he added.

"I bet you're not seeking help from mo..." I sighed. "Aunt."