Prologue

Note: This is an unfinished story so expect slower updates! A sequel of The Royal Contract.

Happy Reading!

XOXO

-Camilla Eldridge

Prologue

Cold with one another day two. We're now inside his plane and yes hold hands, he kisses me and he never leaves my side but it doesn't feel the same. It doesn't feel the same.

We've been busy packing and I have been busy moving away from him since yesterday. I know I'm the wife but it feels like...I don't know. Maybe I'm just jealous...very jealous.

Will we be back the way we were before? I sighed. I do not know if it'll ever feel the same but can I do? Nothing.

"Let's sleep for awhile my wife" he said, we're sitting beside each other and he placed my head on his chest. He knows I love hearing his heartbeat which I taught that once beat for me.

I swallowed my tears back. Six more hours Kathy and you'll be home. You'll feel safe again. Before I left Lexumbia Vince sent me a message saying that he left a variety of Japanese maki in my unit and gave his copy of my keys to Lila, my secretary. I smiled at the thought, if its possible to literally bring another planet here on earth then he will do it. Just for me to be happy.

I'm not really the suicidal type of girl but Vince always treat me as a fragile thing maybe because he saw what happened to me. Whenever he's back home he spends his first two nights with me at my unit and cuddles me like a baby even before his parents know he's back. He knows the hell that I've been through and he fixed me. He made me whole again and he never took advantage of me, never did even tried to.

I sighed. Vince was nothing but good to me but what did I gave him in return? Nothing. I remembered that night again and I shivered. "Why have you been so cruel to Vince?" My subconscious mind asked me.

Six hours passed so fast and we arrived at the airport, no questions needed and of course we had special treatment. I decided to stay in a hotel since I have to check on the business and I don't want granny to see us this cold with one another.

When we went out of the airport I saw the familiar place I used to see before. Welcome Home Katherine. My trip was like hitting two birds with one stone. One is for Tess's wedding and the other was my brother's birthday dinner. I immediately took off my coat and embraced the warm weather. I miss this.

"The last time we've been here we were negotiating about the marriage" he said. "Now we're married" he said and kissed my hair. I just smiled in reply and I was saved by the bell.

Again, the cars brought by granny fetched us and we immediately hop in, ignoring the press around.

"Good morning ma'am" I checked on the clock. It's only six in the morning here.

"To the Shangri-la hotel" I snapped. Chill Katherine! I muttered to myself.

"Kathy" he said my name, protesting.

"What?" I asked, acting like I have no idea.

"I don't want to stay in a hotel, why don't we stay at your place?" he asked.

"Jeanne, you know I am not as rich as you are, my condominium here is just good for a few and not for all the body guards that we have" How many do we have with us? Thirty. I rolled my eyes. He's wasting his money for God's sake!

"No, I like to be there" he whispered mischievously.

I move away from him and said "No, you will have a hard time there "