CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

No time to edit.

I just love you so much that I write first before I study! How I wish I just took a course related to writing but it was too late before I realized.

Anyway, more comments faster update!

XOXO!

-Camilla Eldridge

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Jeanne was pulling my arm tight. I bet it will bruise later on. I was letting him drag me like a paper, not even uttering a word. He stopped and opened the nearest room he saw and locked the door, it was one of the halls inside the palace.

He was few steps away from me. I didn't move where I was.

He turned to look at me, his eyes were ready to kill someone, "What?! You enjoyed being with him? Kissing him like you are not married?" he shouted, and it almost echoed inside the whole room. I just looked away from him. I deserve this of course.

"I'm sorry" It was the only thing I replied.

"Really Katherine?" he asked, "You were letting him be intimate with you inside my territory!" I know I should be frightened by his voice, but I wasn't. Jeanne is not violent, and I know he will not hurt me—at least physically.

"I'm sorry. I will not repeat it" I answered. I was a fighter type of woman. I shall answer back and roar too, that was me, but this time I just let him be angry...

It was the only thing I can do anyway...

I can't be his crying shoulder, can I?

"You're not a cheap woman, you are not a commoner! You have a title to protect! What if someone captured that? Aren't you thinking?!"

My whole body shivered. I blinked fast and breathed hard. I'm an uncrowned prince with no responsibility of having an heir. I suddenly remembered what Vince has said.

No responsibility of having an heir. No responsibility of protecting his name.

I crossed my arms, looking away from Jeanne, and pinching my already hurtful arms. I was suppressing my tears. All I have to do is to understand.

I should only understand.

He seemed shock of what he said too. He walk few steps towards me. "I-I'm sorry." He said and pulled me into his arms.

I wasn't hugging him back, but the tears instantly fell. Will he be like this if Pauline happened to be his wife?

I laughed at my mind, "Of course, he will not, Pauline will not do what you did." My superego answered.

I immediately wiped away my tears and smiled at me. "It's okay Jeanne. I'm sorry." I looked away from him again. Being a good wife is all I can do for him, so that's what I am doing now.

He cupped my face, forcing me to look at him, "God, baby I'm so sorry. Please talk to me. Please. I'm sorry. I was...I was too occupied and I was not thinking. Please baby. Forgive me."

He hugged me again, tight and with love. "I forgive you" I told him. I hugged him back, though it was not as tight as he does.

It took a few seconds after I let go of him when I removed his arms around me. I looked at him and sighed hard before giving him a smile.

I touched his face, and tried to memorize every line of it. "I'm happy to see you finally express your emotions. You haven't been talking a lot, and you haven't cried." I felt a stabbing pain in my heart, repeatedly, squeezing it hurtfully.