CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

Jeanne wanted to go inside the study room but I turned it down. I told him to ask anything, anything, not just that. He cannot go inside it, not yet, not now.

It has been a cruel month for us, and now, its three days before Jeanne's birthday. Grace and Greg were okay now and it was an answered prayer for me. One wish that I have been asking for is not yet granted, and that is, to have a baby. I get a pregnancy test, this was my third, in the past three weeks. Yes, I've been checking weekly, hoping that I will give Jeanne the best gift ever.

I followed the instructions which I have memorized because of doing it repetitively. I waited for few minutes and while I wait I called Jeanne.

On the second ring he answered. "Hello baby"

"Jeanne come home please." I said with a soft, sore voice.

"Kathy, what happened?" I know his heart was beating fast, his voice full of concern.

"I'm feeling dizzy." And dropped on the phone.

"Kathy. Kathy. Katherine" He almost shout on our home, the moment he stepped inside. I immediately walk towards him and he run towards me, hugging me like he almost lose me.

He kissed my head several times, he held me like any minutes I will be out of his sight, he held me like he was afraid that any moment I will leave him.

He finally calmed down and hold me on both shoulders, "Damn Katherine, are you okay? What happened?"

I shrugged and they were just in time..."Surprise!" They all said at the same time. Jeanne's whole family is here, Mom and Dad, Greg, Grace and the kids, Tasha and of course Granny

"Happy Birthday Jeanne" we said in chorus.

He hugged me tighter, his hand on my shoulder and kissed my forehead. They approach us, Tasha holding on the cake. "Kathy, you made me so worried" he said.

"I'm sorry baby but this is just the way I thought it would be great to surprise you, and this is the only day they're free." They were like an ordinary family. Everyone was wearing party hats, even Granny. All with smiles on their face, except Dad.

There was a big smile on Jeanne's face, but still, he was not removing his securing hands on my shoulder and my hand on his chest.

"This never came into my mind"

I tilt my head to look at him. "If it did then it can't be a surprise"

He closed his eyes and nodded. "You've got a point there."

"Blow it!" Laureen said. Tasha was holding on the cake, which has a Happy Birthday candle. Jeanne hold on the two kids, while I get a party hat for both of us. I wear one, and put the other on him. "Let's blow it together okay?" he said but Tasha countered, "Let's sing first!" and we did. It was one of the happiest days of my life, and so, of course, I didn't let the moment pass by without a video and camera on the side.

After the song, the three happily blew the candles. Jeanne put the kids down and hugged Granny first who gave her gift, then he hugged Grace, Greg and the kids and they gave their gift too, then it was Tasha. "Happy Birthday Jeanne!" she said and kissed his cheek with a sound. Jeanne pulled away immediately like it was the most annoying thing in the world. All of us laughed at them. Tasha pouted and said "Didn't you like my gift? It's not everyday you got a kiss from a princess! Many men envy you!"

"I do get a kiss from a princess every single day" and Tasha got shocked like she suddenly remembered something. She sighed in defeat and said "Yeah. Sorry, I forgot that." she looked at me. "But I haven't forgot your promise Kathy!" she said excitedly and walk towards me. "When are we going out again?" but before she can totally hug me Jeanne stopped him. She pouted. "I'm your sister! Not that I'm going to get her from you!" and we all laugh. I guess his possessiveness is a known trait of his family.