CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

It has been a month. A freaking month that had no progress at all.

He didn't want to attend the doctor's appointment.

But he will always come to the hospital...to see Pauline.

I am at the verge of kneeling in front of Pauline to tell her not to see Jeanne. But one day when I follow him... I've seen him happy...happier than he is with me.

We were not sleeping at the same room. The moment he arrived from the hospital he pulled out all his clothes from our room. I pleaded him not to, but he was determined.

Every night I will cook dinner for him, but usually he goes home at two or three in the morning. He just gets mad whenever I wait for him, or he ignores me, or snarls at me.

Either way he doesn't give any empathy on me.

I've done a research about his trauma. Some recovers their memories in days, some in months, some in years while some doesn't recover it at all.

Every single day that passes by I was losing hope about our relationship.

Every single day that passes by I was kept on hurting myself.

Today I followed him again, he go to the hospital to check on her, bringing her bouquet of flowers, bears or chocolates.

I suddenly missed receiving flowers every morning. I suddenly missed my Jeanne.

"I know you are always bothered on not having a baby, I hate it when you do. At night, whenever I pray, I will always think of wishing for one, because I know it will make you very happy... But whenever I taught of what might happen to you. I can't...I just can't sacrifice you. You are my other half and you are all that I need baby. Only you"

"I want to be with you until the day I die. The greatest horror of my life will be the day that you will ever leave me. And if ever I forget you..." he said and placed my hand on his chest,

"Just hold me into my chest, the place where my heart is, and it will not be the mind that will remember you...but my heart."

I try to do what he said, but it was a failure.

He asked me if I was seducing him or am I crazy? If before my problem was a baby, now I guess I will be losing him too.

How sad can my story be?

Today I had guts on talking to Pauline. I want Jeanne. I love him. But maybe it wasn't my main concern now.

Because everything has change.

The moment Jeanne left the hospital I went down and went straight to Pauline's office, her secretary immediately let me in and Pauline doesn't seem like surprise with my visit.

She gave me a warm smile and said softly, "I was really expecting a visit from you." I smiled at her. Who cannot love Pauline? Angelic face? Brainy woman? Beautiful doctor?

"If this is about Jeanne and I, don't worry I have no intentions of getting him—"

"Please may I speak first?" I asked, swallowing the lump on my throat. This will hurt, I know. She nodded at me.

"I know you broke up with Jeanne five years ago not because of any troubles but because of distance..." I trailed.

"And it seems like that five year's time had its remake. But I was an additional character" I said, giving a fake laughter.

I breathed hard and blinked fast, "H-he already asked for divorce...and I'm giving it to him" I finally said.

"I just want a week with him" I said, finding it hard to continue without crying. "But...he kept on refusing." I breathed, calming myself, suppressing my tears.

I looked at her and smiled bitterly, "It was a game over. I know that" I said. "I just...want to ask a favor. Ask him to agree with me, with the one week, no even four days trip together...and...and after that I will sign the papers."

Last night I finally had a chance to talk to him, that was when he knew about my disease—PCOS—was the worst day of my life.

"If we've been married for a year why do we not have a child?" he suspiciously asked as he agreed to have tea with me. We were sitting on a coffee table, so near each other yet so uncomfortable.

Never did Jeanne let me feel this way. Never.

I looked at the clenched fist on my lap and said, "I have a disease, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. We've trying out different cure for it" I said in a small voice. "But I think one percent is too small for us."

He laughed wickedly causing me to look at him. He leaned towards me, and said, straight to my eyes. "You're saying that you cannot give me a child? Then why the hell do I have to stay in this fixed marriage with a woman like you who cannot bear a child?"

I wish he just stopped there, but he didn't.

His words were like knives stabbing my heart.

And his final words killed me...

"I want a divorce"

I didn't cry in front of him. But the moment I locked the door of my room I seated on the floor and cried my heart out.

This is it.

This is the end.