"Miss, please. I—"

"It's alright, I'm done with my meeting," Olivia spoke, waving her hand as she dismissed her Secretary. Secretary Ahn bowed before leaving.

Olivia turned back to the man sitting in front of her. "We'll talk again some other time. Make sure to keep an eye on their every move."

"Of course, Madame. My men are on it," the man said with a gruff voice. The man in suit and tie stood up from his seat, bowing his head slightly before turning around to leave.

Lisa narrowed her eyes as soon as she saw the man's face. He looked familiar for some reason, but she can't recall where she'd seen this man. She didn't have the time to do so as that was not what she came here for. The man gave her a curt nod too before walking past her and out the room.

Now, it's just the two of them.

"Who was that?" She still asked, walking closer to her mother's office desk.

"Someone who works for me," Olivia answered, before pouring herself a glass of wine. "What do you want to talk about?"

And that brought back the heaviness on Lisa's chest. Mustering up the courage, she kept her hard gaze on her mother as she uttered her next words.

"About what you told Jungkook," Lisa began. "Is it true?"

Olivia sipped from her glass before meeting Lisa's eyes. Her eyes void of any transparency. "You need to be more specific. What did I tell him?"

"About my supposed death!" Lisa outbursts.

Olivia paused. Critical eyes examining the girl in front of her.

Olivia remained unfazed as she responds, "Oh, that. Yes, I did tell him that."

"Why?" Lisa couldn't believe it. In the back of her mind, she was hoping all of that was not true. But now, she heard it from the woman herself. "Why would you do that?! How could you say something like that?!"

"Not just him. People knew." Olivia told her, her voice equating the same coldness she once possessed.

"W-What?" She let out in incredulity. And when she thought it couldn't get worse. Jungkook was not enough. She couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"You are gone to everyone," Olivia stated without a heart. "Mara is the only remaining child of the Manobans. That's what everyone knows. They believe that the twin sister died while in France."

Silence took over after Olivia cruelly said those things. Lisa clenched her fists as she took everything in. Those were stabs she took without a shield. She couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"Sending me away was not enough for you, was it?" Her voice did not remain void of emotion as she would have wanted. The hurt was evident. Her eyes glistened but she blinked the forming tears back, her jaw clenching as she then added, "How can you be so cruel?"

This time, Olivia's expression changed. She leaned forward on her table as she kept her eyes locked with her daughter. "Have you forgotten what you did?"

This pushed Lisa to finally snap, "No matter what I do, you really would push it back to that, mother? I was a child at that time! Mother, are you forgetting something here too? I am also your child! How can you—"

"You were no longer my daughter the moment your brother died because of you!" Olivia spat out angrily, standing up from her leather chair.

There it was.

There it was in her mother's eyes. The anger and hatred that Lisa clearly remembers. She still has it.

Lisa took breathes in, her heart aching as she took each breath, before speaking again. "I knew he was your favourite child. And you're still angry about what happened to him. But you—"