V14 - Chapter 171 Dark Magic

Start from the beginning

She looks around and sees some of the Rose Knights fighting the skeletons. While not as good as her, they're not doing a bad job.

She looks at the Rangers and sees them engaged in a firefight with some mages.

Some of the facility's security had ambushed them. Bailey ordered the melee forces to fight the skeletons and ghouls while the Rangers dealt with the mages. Ever since she started working with him, she is constantly surprised on how well NATO adapts to changing situations.

She looks to the two Rose Knight leaders, Beefeater and Panache. They just cut down two skeletons and have already started attacking the remaining skeleton warriors.

She tolerates the Rose Knights in the name of peace. She understands Sharpe has worked hard to integrate ex-Imperial soldiers, and she understands they were branded traitors by their people. Still, they are the daughters of the men who massacred her people, attached chains to them, and sold them away as wares to be sold and used.

Panache is just an elitist, always shooting glares at her and the other non-humans. She can see that she still believes that Demi-Humans are inferior.

However, even though Beefeater is a noblewoman, she does not act like one. She does not detect the standard haughty 'I am superior to you' attitude she picks up from most of the Rose Knights. It seems like she wants to live life to the fullest.

She notices another warrior charging at Beefeater, this time a Knight. She reacts on a whim and charges past Beefeater. Her blade hits the Knight's armor, but she then swings her Kukri Blade to the gap between the helmet and body armor.

The knight's head drops down to the floor, and she sees it was a green-colored orc(1), which shocked her. There are two types of orcs, green are the more humanoid ones who act more like men, just bigger and stronger. They call themselves Uruk-hia so people don't get them mixed up.

"Thank you," Beefeater says as she gives a thumbs up. "That prick would have overpowered me."

She smiles and waves. "I see you picked up some of the American terminology."

"Can't beat them, join them," Beefeater replies.

"Just be careful, Beefeater," Panache says.

She glares at Panache, but hears Beefeater chuckle. "Just ignore her. She is like that to everyone."

She smiles. "Alright."

She can see how tired the Rose Knights are. It has been a difficult, grueling fight so far. Since they first broke into the facility, they have been fighting pretty much nonstop.

She looks at the remaining enemy forces and smirks. She points her blade at the Rangers. "Go protect them. I will handle them."

She then charges forward, going faster than expected. She swings her blades at athis summoned monster with such rage.

She was trained to be a killer. She knows that she is more potent and faster than the average Human male. But right now, she feels this surge of energy throughout her body. Her senses are going crazy, able to detect every slight movement.

She attacks the remaining enemies, moving past them all. With the skeletons, she attacks the joints, so they collapse.

Everything else she cuts down. until she sees a mage.

She smirks. "Hello there."

The male mage holds up his hand. The surrounding objects start to grow black and float lift into the air.

She has seen Lelei La Lalena do this. It is telekinesis. The crates, stones, and body parts start flying towards her.

She slashes the crate, cutting it in half and scattering wooden splinters everywhere around her. Then she slashes at the incoming stones, but failed to stop the stones.