V18 - Chapter 217 Graduation Chaos

"Senator Thomas Evans of Wisconsin has successfully negotiated a recognition and alliance treaty with rebel Senator Casel El Tiberius. This treaty has been pushed by the White House to establish a post-war exit strategy.

There have been many issues that have blocked progress of the treaty. Many Senators and House Representatives have been uncomfortable in negotiating after the failure of the first treaty. Others feeling the lack of public support and are up for reelection in the Midterms have baulked at the idea.

A strange turn of events occurred when Crown Prince Diabo El Caesar spoke at a Senate hearing after a tour of London, Paris, and Rome. He gave a long speech about what he had learned from seeing the long history of Europe, noting the Roman Colosseum pastime.

The Prince spoke on how far Europe has come in the timespan of the Empire's existence. He talked about the common history of their people and believed there is a peaceful future between both worlds. That he now sees the vision his sister is fighting for.

As part of the treaty, the United States and NATO will recognize Piña Co Lada as Empress of the Empire and provide legal support. The US will also send an olive branch to any Imperial force that surrenders and transfer them to Empress Pina Co Lada command, given the opportunity. Once the war is over, Caesar and Tiberius agree that all war criminals will be handed over to the United States to face war crime trials.

The list of individuals will be created by the US which is expected to include all of the Oprichinia, Haryo Tribe, Zorzal and his inner circle, and other key members of the Falmart League. Once the war is over, the new Sadera Republic will be responsible for handing over these individuals who have committed War Crimes within the ranks if captured and any leadership who refuse to end fighting." - National Interest

***

--- Magic Academy, Rondel ---

Date: June 16th, 2026

Lelei looked around the academy graduation chamber. While some of the teachers there are allies to NATO, the others are the opposition. The Pro-Empire side, now led by General Pepreos, is here with some of his swordsmen to protect his supporters.

Lelei is not afraid of the General, being a well-known man in Rondel. Standing there is risky as it makes her an open target however she wanted to do this. Not wanting to be bullied away by a hidden enemy. Someone is trying to divide both factions, and she feels a sense of duty to discover who this hidden faction is. All she wanted to do was bring a new golden age of magical and scientific development to Rondel, but now the fight is for the city's survival.

Taking a deep breath and speaking into the microphone. "Hello, everyone. It is nice to see that we can still meet in the same room without killing each other." Then she heard someone mumble disrespectful in the background, but she ignored it.

The room then remained silent. The tension in the air was so thick it felt like an ominous fog. However, the one positive feedback Lelei noticed was from the microphone.

Usually, the speaker must speak loudly for people in the middle row to hear. The people in the back, unless they are a species with enhanced hearing, will certainly miss the topic. Noticing how everyone up to the rearmost row clearly understood what she had said, she continued.

A string of positive comments came flowing from Lelei's earpiece from the Rangers, all of them telling her that she's got this. Even Alicia making bold statements on how they will go to the club, get drunk and meet boys to celebrate.