V19 - Chapter 223 Down Time

"With the investigation on the incident in Rondel, the North Atlantic Council has agreed that people responsible for the destruction should be tried in the court of law. It was also agreed upon that many International rights and norms should apply to Uros. Empress Piña Co Lada and King Duran Fla Elbe have already agreed for the creation of a legal framework system for which the alliance can work together on.

The US Congress quickly provided legal funding to establish a federal court in the new territory of Alcatris. The location will be left to a competition between the many towns, however, Italica, Valtris, or Naiktai seem to be the most likely choice. The purpose of this court is to bring war crimes trials against the parties who were responsible for the summoning of the Demon Balrog, which includes the Guild leaderships, Darlko conspirators, and League leaderships who committed war crimes.

A reporter from Timcast News asked why Alnus was not considered as a location for the courthouse, Press Secretary Bob Hager stated that currently Alnus Hill is overmilitarized and the Federal Government has the local population to see the military and the government as separate entities. The long-term goal with Alcatris is to merge the territory with Alnus, making it into a state within the Union. This will be an important part to help establish civic identity and institution power in the other cities.

While a location is being determined, the Congress and White House have stated that they want trials to begin as soon as possible, starting with the Rondel Mage Guildmaster, Drasho Getro. He has confessed to being a key player that led up to the events of the Rondel Crisis. There is no comment on who will go to trial next, but many are speculating Duke Aulus Fastidius as the most likely individual, due to the fact that he led a coup against the government and was allying with Darlko." - Free Alnus News

***

--- Delilah's apartment, Alnus Community ---

Date: July 5th, 2026

"This place is not big enough anymore."

Looking around the studio bedroom, Delilah is baffled by the lack of space. Living here, she always puzzled how Humans considered a studio, nine hundred square feet small on average. The Bunny huts could have been half the size with triple the number of people, which was expected. Now, with only two babies, she realized she needed a larger home.

Hearing her queen laugh, Delilah glared," what are you laughing at?"

"Nothing," Tyuule answered as she held Dorra in her arms. "The reason why this place feels so crowded is because of all the stuff you two have."

Acknowledging that truth, seeing all the furniture and storage units, she now saw how quickly a compact home can become. Most of these goods would never exist in a hunt, seeing it as a waste of space. Yes, there was storage for food and clothing, but they were always stored in separate huts.

"I do not know if Dorra and Donna should be raised like this," Delilah commented. "Sure, the Terrans have warrior and hunting traditions in the modern age; I am still afraid for my twin daughters to lose their bunny warrior heritage and spirit."

"I think it will be fine," Tyuule said as she combed Dorra fur. "I have been spending time with Ambassador Wellington on how a new bunny nation would function. There are many elements of our old ways of life I had to reconsider."

"Like kidnapping men for breeding purposes?" Delilah said with a chuckle.

"That is one," Tyuule said. "At Apex, I hear soldiers joke about what would happen if they were taken by one of our clans. They have no idea and never will know."