Chapter 13

Chapter 13

-------------

"Shit! Shit! SHIT!"

He punched a tree that he saw on his way. He didn't like what he's feeling, so he cursed again under his breath as he was leaping from branches to branches. He was burning within and that sensation was spreading in him like fire, eating him, cursing within. 

He stopped in his tracks and landed in some open field. He was clenching his teeth and his hands turn into a ball. He wanted to shout, he wanted to cry, he wanted to punch someone, and he wanted to hurt someone but whom? So instead of venting out his anger and frustrations to someone, he punched the nearest tree, it split into two, the force of his punch dragged a mile of trees, making a straight path, clearing its way. It created a loud sound and smoke, birds and animals running away from it.

"Naruto!" It was Kakashi. And before Naruto could even glance back at the voice, woods were already gripping both of his arms and his feet. It was Yamato's Mokouton.

Naruto didn't struggle. But he was trembling, and he was clenching his teeth, hands still balled into a fist.

"Kakashi-sensei. I told you to leave me alone," he said almost inaudibly.

"You know we can't do that, Naruto" Yamato said. "Understand that we are just doing precautions to-" Yamato halted as he saw Kakashi raised a hand to cut him. Kakashi walked towards Naruto. He eyed his former student and noted how he grew up within these past years. Naruto's shoulders were broad albeit trembling and he's almost as tall as him now. His blond hair, though unruly were now cut and styled to give him a clean look. 

"Naruto," he said, in that bedroom voice of his, "do you know where we are?"

He noticed Naruto's shoulders relaxed a bit. His head slowly rose to see the surrounding. They were in the training ground where Team 7 was tested with the bells, the third training ground. The three wood pillars were still there even though signs of wear and tear were visible on its body, indicating that others must have been training here too, probably Genins. This place was where it started, their teamwork, their friendship, their trust. Those three pillars were their witness, as the three of them struggled to get the bells from Kakashi, though it ended in a futile attempt. Budding brats of Genin versus a veteran Jounin, it was pure luck that they were able to graze the bells.

Naruto clenched his teeth once again. He didn't know where he's heading when he dashed out from the Hokage office but apparently, his feet dragged him here. 

Thinking back then when he heard the news, he shouldn't have done that to Sakura.

But he was too shocked. And got a bit scared. In his heart, there were many what-ifs. What if Sasuke still blinded by rage and anger decided to kill Sakura? Sasuke was still a wanted criminal full of hatred and anger. What if...

And he was hurt. Not by the news that Sakura was pregnant. He's happy about that and would congratulate her in either way. No matter how she got pregnant he would still help her all the way. Darn, he would be happy to act as the baby's father if the need arises, taking care of the baby. 

He's hurt because of the fact with Sasuke.

She had met him. They were fooled, and the what-ifs. And that frustrates him, a lot.

"Have you calmed down?" He heard Kakashi said. He slowly nodded. He then felt the woods were loosening their grip on his limbs.

Kakashi walked towards Naruto, while Yamato stayed behind them just a few meters away. After all, he was the Kyuubi's suppressor and it was his duty to control the demon fox if needed. Even though Naruto can control the Kyuubi's power, it won't hurt to be cautious.