Chapter 03

Chapter 03

It has been 3 days since Sakura came back from her mission in Hidden Sand Village, Wind Country. And it has been that long since she had presented her research to Tsunade and the medical people about her great discovery. It has also been that long since she was denied any request for a mission. So with nothing else to do, she resumed her station as a doctor in Konoha Hospital, making her daily rounds, working more than 12 hours a day, sometimes even longer when the need arises. As for the last three days, her only patients were a girl who had accidentally twisted her arm from playing, a boy who had a cold, and an old lady who had an asthma attack. The worst-case was the two ANBU who were admitted in a bloody condition, a few broken ribs, dislocated joints, kunai inflicted wounds, and punctured lungs.

After the presentation, she abruptly asked Tsunade for any mission. Tsunade gave her a stern face and a solid no and that she has to stay in the village for any upcoming more important missions that needed her expertise. She didn't understand why she had to be on standby and was ready to argue but Tsunade won't have it. She left the Hokage office, fuming and cursing under her breath.

It's Sunday and it's her day off and now she's bored. It's already 9 in the morning, she had awoken hours ago, but she decided to stay and roll on her bed. She was staring at the ceiling in a daze thinking that this is how Sundays should be; quiet, peaceful, serene, and tranquil...

"Forehead!" someone screamed followed by the loud banging at the door.

Okay, NOT, she thought. She rolled her eyes in irritation as soon as she heard another banging on the door again. Just great, she forgot about her friend and archrival...Ino the pig!

She forgot to visit her after she came back from her mission in Suna. They've agreed that she'll see her when she returned but she became occupied with a lot of things, not to mention that she had to talk to a lot of people regarding her latest research and discovery on the 'red demon'. Ino had asked her to buy an earring which was made from a specialized kind of quartz found only in the red sand of Suna. She bought them but it had slipped from her mind to give them to Ino. Shit! She mumbled while burying her head more on the pillow trying to block the screaming woman outside her door.

"Forehead! Answer me! I know you're awake!" called Ino again followed by the banging on the door. Sakura growled and pulled up the blanket over her head as if that could mute Ino's screaming outside her apartment.

"Sakura! I swear to my neighbor's balls I'm gonna break this damn door if you don't open it this minute!" Ino screamed.

That's it, she threw the blankets and ran towards the door. The hell she cared how she looked right now but she ran towards the door and opened it. She wore her usual, white cotton shirt and white undies, hair disheveled on her head and dark circles on her eyes due to lack of sleep. The last thing she needed is a scandalous and crazy Ino breaking her door!

"Fuck you Pig, it's Sunday and I've stayed till 2 am in the hospital last night. Can't you let me rest in peace just for today?" she growled while her eyes squinted, looking at the blond-haired woman in front of her. The sun is shining too bright as well.

"Good morning to you too," she chirped wadding her way inside ignoring and without waiting for Sakura's invitation to come in. She didn't mind Sakura's disheveled appearance, nor her scandalous attire, she's used to it. Sakura closed the door while Ino found her way to her kitchen. Sakura lazily trudged towards her bed again. She slumped back and crawled on her comforter, face down, lazily, and closed her eyes.

Her apartment is just a plain crib, without rooms, except for the bathroom. Everything was separated by folding dividers. From the door, you can actually see her bed on the left, hidden with netting around it, serving as the divider, which can slide on and off just like how curtains work. Just across the door is her living area that consisted of a couch, a glass center table, a lampshade on the left side, and the tv and the cabinet on the right. Behind it is the large ceiling-to-floor window that had a sliding glass panel that leads to the veranda. Further down to the right is the bathroom, and then the small kitchen that has a counter which separates it from the rest of the room.