Chapter 07

Chapter 7

***

It was around noon when Kakashi, Sai, Naruto, and Hinata arrived in the recon location they were assigned to investigate. It was an obvious place and anyone who can see the surrounding will assume that a battle did happen in there. The trees were all turned upside down, the ground was unearthed and there were craters dug up of which some were a few meters wide.

Kakashi signaled the team to take on their positions and look for any clues.

"Hinata, please scout the area with your byakugan. Sai, take the aerial surveillance," Kakashi commanded. The two nodded silently and proceeded. Hinata activated her byakugan, while Sai unrolled his scroll and started to ink a large bird. After releasing a jutsu, the bird was animated and Sai ride on it taking him in the air.

"What about me Kakashi-sensei?" asked Naruto.

"Hmmm," Kakashi said thoughtfully, putting a finger on his chin and looked up as if he was really thinking," try to find anything that will tell us anything," he finally said.

"Like what?" Naruto asked dumbly.

"Anything," Kakashi said, as he turned away from him and went to busy himself looking and observing the ruined areas.

"Kakashi-sensei, what exactly are we looking here?" asked the baffled Naruto.

"Anything that could lead up to Sasuke's whereabouts and hideout, if we're lucky to find it here,"

Naruto nodded and began to check the surrounding areas. They scouted a wide range, being vigilant at the same time. He saw Kakashi jumped to a nearby branch and opened his Sharingan eye for a better assessment of the location he was looking. Kakashi was good at tracking. Meanwhile, on his left, he eyed Hinata, with her byakugan activated, scanning a longer range. A shadow loomed in the sky and saw Sai's bird also circling the area.

They have been at it for a while but luck was not with them. No trace of Sasuke or the man that ambushed the ANBU recon team.

SxS

Sasuke woke up with the smell of jasmine tea in the morning air. When he opened his eyes, he was alarmed with the unfamiliar surroundings and immediately stood up, but was welcomed with a woozy feeling. He clutched his head and steadied his self for a while and tried to remember what happened the previous night.

He looked around him. He was on some kind of a small lab, he concluded, because of the bottles and vials and other medical stuff he saw on the table. There's also a shelf full of books and bottles. The room was small, with only one bed he had occupied and a stool sitting on the right side of the bed. To his right, was the green-colored curtain, gently dancing with the wind as it entered through the slightly opened window. He shifted his eye to the door located at the far-end to his left. Well, maybe a makeshift lab.

He winced. His head was throbbing. What had happened last night again? Ah, right. He was running from the Ame nins and didn't notice that one of them had managed to poison him. He had been careless. After he sent the scroll he had managed to snatched to his summoned snake's mouth, he played with the nins, too engrossed and drunk with his own ego and power, that he failed to notice that one of them had already stuck a sword on his gut. He grunted on that. What happened with his immunity to poisons then? Supposedly, his body would be tolerant to any poisons. That was Orochimaru had taught him long ago. Maybe, the poison was too strong and highly concentrated. He didn't know. If it wasn't because of Sakura-

Sakura!

He suddenly remembered her. She was here. Wait, where is she? He frowned. What was she doing here?