Chapter 01

Chapter 01

The sun was high in the sky, it's already noon. Sakura had stopped from walking merely 10 minutes ago and tried to cool her feet from the running stream she saw down the road. She smiled as she felt the comfortable water on her aching feet. She's still a few miles away from Konoha.

She looked around her...its peaceful... the scar of the recent war was barely visible. Well, almost.

How many years has it been, when all the 5 nations across the whole continent decided to fight together as one against the evil plans of Orochimaru, Kabuto, and Tobi? In all of the history of ninja, the last war was the biggest, yet also the saddest. It was never an easy task, especially for the new generation of ninja who had just passed the Chuunin and Jounin exams, it was a terrible and scary experience. 

Many had died, but they're not forgotten. Many had survived, but the aftermath of the war was a great lesson to carry on. The fierce battle and the honor of scars were forever imprinted in their hearts. Each and everyone's pain, triumph, sadness, dreams, and goals were inched in each other's soul, settled deeper to each individual as the Will of Fire burns fiercely within. Many had shed tears, many had mourned, many had been lost, many had been damaged, there were casualties, many had to go through it, but as a human, to survived and lived the memories of war, and to protect what they believed, and to passed on the fire of their nation's dream, passion, soul and heart, it's what everyone was working on these past 2 years. 

It's hard from the beginning. Every nation had its own loss, but they tried to stand up. Stand proud with dignity, to be able to survive the war, and wished that another won't happen again.

Each nation came to an agreement, the Alliance that had started in the war will still continue to this day. Each promised to help each other, to aid and assist in the rehabilitation of each other's nation, especially in Konoha, where the most damage has been inflicted, not directly by the 4th Great Ninja War, but from the attack they received from Pain. After that, as if the loss and pain weren't enough, and just as the village was starting to cope up, they have joined the war. 

Konoha's resources had almost been depleted, but they made it and achieved victory. In the past 2 years, Konoha village had been restored, but not the same way as it was before. But still, it was Konoha. Its physical attribute may have been destroyed and changed, but never its shinobi heart and soul. The village people were more than thankful, that they survived the recent war, and have a tale to tell to the next generation of courageous and brave budding ninja of Konoha. They still have the fire in them which they'll be able to pass to the eager and promising new generations.

Ninjas have been deployed here and there, in missions to aid, or to assist to other villages, or to simply counter petty nukenins in various areas. The most common jobs were escort requests. Sakura had just finished her escort mission from the Sand Country and was on her way home to Konoha. She personally requested the mission to the Hokage, because she wants to check and study old Chiyo's personal data on medical ninjutsu and the different herbs and concoctions she can use for medicinal purposes. This was the only time she had to thoroughly see and study old Chiyo's research. After all, she was studying medicine to help others, to gain more knowledge, and just to improve herself. At her age now, she far exceeds Tsunade-sama's ability in medical ninjutsu. But she didn't stop there, there were a lot of things to learn, lots of things to discover. The recent war taught her, that life was too precious. Friends can be gone on a second before you knew it.

She picked up her bag to continue the long walk towards Konoha. She already sent a falcon addressed to Tsunade-sama, so they'll be expecting her arrival.